Military Families

Homemade Protein Shakes

Does anyone have a no fail combo that they like?

i've been running every other day & working out every day.

I've been needing protein after my work out. but i'm not sure wher to start. i've been looking online and there are sooooooo many differant combinations. its kind of overwhelming.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Homemade Protein Shakes

• I do a shake that's not really HIGH protein but it's really simple. 1 banana, 1 1/2 cup soy milk, and a dash of cinnamon. I used to work in a hospital and we would put Beneprotein in people's shakes, mashed potatoes, and other foods to help them heal from surgery or regain lost muscle. It's basically tasteless and will go into anything.

30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • I use dessert protein and right now am grooving on their banana flavor.  I take one (or two depending on the day) scoop and add it to either skim milk or trader joe's whole grain beverage along with a handful or two of spinach and some benefiber.  Sometimes I'll add a little bit of graham cracker crumbs so I can imagine I'm eating pie.

I also have the chocolate coconut flavor and add it to spinach, milk, and a handful of frozen berries. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Loading the player...
  • I mix fruit (Banana mango, strawberry banana, mixed berry ect) and put Greek yogurt in the mix.  Its really wonderful.  The Greek yogurt has a lot less sugar and a lot more protein than regular yogurt.  It's expensive but worth it.  I also use EAS protein mix. If you  buy the chocolate flavor and mix it with some PB, milk, and ice it tastes like a reeses peanut butter cup.

1 - 1 1/2 cups fruit (whole banana or whole mango)

1/2 - 1 cup Greek yogur

2 tbs honey

a splash of milk may be used if its too thick.

Reese's blend

2 tbs pb

1 scoop EAS chocolate protein powder

glass of milk

6-10 ice cubes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"