2nd Trimester
Options

DH vent.

I love my parents.  But, I hate being here.  We're out in the middle of nowhere... (nearest SMALL town is an hour away... let alone a real town...) and there is NOTHING for me to do, and no one for me to see.. except my parents.

My DH is 3 hours away, and my hometown where all my friends are is two hours away.

DH gets to be in his hometown... with all his friends, and family... and in a decent sized town.  So he basically gets to live his "normal" life.  Nothing has changed for him.  But, me.  Everything has changed.  I don't have a job now (because I moved out here with him), so I can't even shop for baby things online.  I'm away from EVERYONE and EVERYTHING.  I can watch tv... or be online.  Basically that's it.  I'm jealous, and upset that he gets to go hang out with his friends everynight... but won't let me drive the three hours to come see him cause "we need to save money."  I miss him, I'm pregnant, I'm lonely... and I'm starting to crack from having NOTHING to do.

He doesn't get why I'm so upset... and is mad that I feel this way.  Saying that I'm being "dramatic."

Am I just losing it?  I sure feel like it...

Crying

Re: DH vent.

• Options
    i think you may lose your mind if you dont get out :(
    why are you 3 hours away from DH.. you said you moved for him..then why are you apart?
  • Options
    I don't mean to be nosy, but why are you living apart from each other? Why can't you stay with him?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You're not losing it. You have legit reasons to be upset...sounds like you've been holding it in and trying your best with what you've got and it has all just added up and you need to vent and cry and b!tch, actually. Tell him that he may think you are being dramatic but to at least try and think what it would be like to be in your shoes and have a little empathy/sympathy/compassion bc you are his wife, after all...you are pregnant and you did give up a lot for him and what has he done? Of course he cannot relate bc he hasn't given anything up.

(I can somewhat relate. I live close to "friends" and family but once everyone found out I was expecting, I have become nearly invisible...I am the first out of friends to be married and now pregnant...it's a long, lonely road but I am trying to make the best of it.) I wish you the best of luck, Lake. If you need to, PM me. :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageorangedaisy85:
    I don't mean to be nosy, but why are you living apart from each other? Why can't you stay with him?
  • Options

imageorangedaisy85:

Because, his job is transffering him to his new location (around his hometown).  They haven't given him the exact location he will be in (it's a 3 hours radius of places)... so we haven't gotten a place until we know for sure.  He is just staying with friends in town so he can be close to work until they give him a permenant location... and I didn't feel comfortable sleeping on a sofa bed in his friends houses.  Haha.  It just feels like I'm going to be here forever... cause his stupid work is giving him the run around.  :/

• Options

Oh my goodness, I feel so bad for you!!! I thought my town was boring but it is like a bustling city compared to where you live! I definitely think you need to get out!!! Seriously, it is for your mental health. No one can be expected to sit at home day in and day out.

Can you find a PT job just to get yourself out and about? It would also give you money to go home when you wanted. Any hobbies you want to take up to keep you busy at home?

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    imageSweets2005:

Oh my goodness, I feel so bad for you!!! I thought my town was boring but it is like a bustling city compared to where you live! I definitely think you need to get out!!! Seriously, it is for your mental health. No one can be expected to sit at home day in and day out.

Can you find a PT job just to get yourself out and about? It would also give you money to go home when you wanted. Any hobbies you want to take up to keep you busy at home?

The nearest town is an hour away... and it's SMALL.  Just a gas station, post office, diner... that's it.  So there's really no place I could get a job.  It's annoying.  I could read I guess, but you can really only read so many hours in the day.

• Options
    imagelake919:
    imageSweets2005:

The nearest town is an hour away... and it's SMALL.  Just a gas station, post office, diner... that's it.  So there's really no place I could get a job.  It's annoying.  I could read I guess, but you can really only read so many hours in the day.

Geez! So where do people work there? Everyone drives an hour away? You could take up house robbing since you know there is a plethora of empty homes ;)  What about crocheting or knitting or gardening? Sorry, I know that is lame and could probably only entertain you for a short time!

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"