2nd Trimester
Options

Need a little baby shower advice

Hello.  Here is the situation, my sister was going to come here at the end of September/beginning of October for my baby shower.  She has decided to come in July instead and wants to do my shower then.  I  will be just over 20 weeks by the time she gets here.  I'm not sure how comfortable I feel having a shower that early.  Don't want to jinx myself, haven't done a registry yet, and DH will be out of town.  DH leaves soon and will be gone for a while, if we do the registry we would have to hurry up and do it within the next couple of days. I have no idea what to ask for!

I wanted to do a co-ed babyshower/bbq where the girls could do baby shower stuff and the guys could watch football/play xbox and eat.  If I do an early shower, I will have to do one short notice and try and get our out of town family here.  Just not sure if I'm ready for it yet.  I'm not mad at my sister for wanting to do it, I want her here for it and she wants to be here.  However, I'm just not ready.  Should I bite the bullet and do it or should I politely explain to her that I'm just not ready for one yet. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need a little baby shower advice

• Options

So your sister is throwing you the shower, correct?

If this is the case and she wants it in July, you had better get a move on and only bc you need to seek out a place for the shower, order invitations and get them out in the mail very soon.

If someone is throwing you a shower (which is awesome bc throwing your own is considered tacky) then the polite thing to do would be to go with whatever's best for the hostess. She is, after all, doing you a huge favor by throwing you a shower. There is a board dedicated to baby showers, too. 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/4236740/ShowForum.aspx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Who is hosting your shower?  I really think it is up to them when your shower is...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is in 2 weeks, so I will be just shy of 22 weeks.  Not thrilled about having it so early, but it's the only time that will work for everyone, especially since it's a long drive from NJ back home to NC.

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Options

My two sisters and mom will be hosting. My  mom and one sister live here, the other is out of state.  The one out of state wants to have it so early, and I was never going to host my own.  I just said how I would like it done. Plus, with DH being gone for so long I wanted to include him so he didn't feel like he was left out of so much.  Maybe I will just let her host it early.  I think it would make her happy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageRoseTor:

My two sisters and mom will be hosting. My  mom and one sister live here, the other is out of state.  The one out of state wants to have it so early, and I was never going to host my own.  I just said how I would like it done. Plus, with DH being gone for so long I wanted to include him so he didn't feel like he was left out of so much.  Maybe I will just let her host it early.  I think it would make her happy.

ok...knowing that, yes I do think it's perfectly fine to have it earlier.  If not because your sister will be there, but because your DH will be.  If you go to BRU, they give you a list of all the essential registry items.  Try to do a little research before you go on different products or pick up the book Baby Bargains to have with you while registering.  Have fun! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"