Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

peeing through overnight diapers?? HELP.

We started putting DD in Pampers overnight diapers a month or two ago because she was peeing through her Baby Dry diapers.  12 hours in a a row is a lot of pee so I figured the overnights would do the trick.  However, in the past week, she has peed through those every night!  Last night, we tried doubling up and put two on her just to see if it would work - peed through it!!

She's in 5's and I can't imagine she would need to go up a size (she's not that big and is there even a size 6?)... I'm wondering if maybe a different brand would work.  Anyone swear by another overnight diaper?

She just drinks a ton of milk with dinner and goes to bed shortly after... I don't know where all the pee comes from though, it's not THAT much milk! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: peeing through overnight diapers?? HELP.

• We still change my 18 month old at least once a night. We can't find a diaper to hold the pee, and she gets very uncomfortable. There are huggies overnights, and then the the diaper doublers. DS had a medical condition where he peed an excessive amount and peed all night long. The diaper doublers really did work well for him (not all night, but way longer than an overnight diaper). You can put 2 or 3 in there if you need to.I got them at BRU.
  • Kinda weird, but I used to put giant thick maxi pads in DS's overnight diaper.  I just cut a slit in the plastic backing and stuck it in there.  Worked like a charm and was WAY cheaper than other options.
  • Loading the player...
  • We used to just use Pampers Cruisers during the day and at night. But then, DS started waking up soaked overnight. Since all we ever used was Pampers, we tried Pampers Extra Protection for overnight. He was still waking up soaked.

I saw a lot of recommendations on here for Huggies Overnights, so we gave them a try. Those hold A LOT of pee. DS diaper is super heavy in the morning, but he does not leak through his diaper. We still use Pampers Cruisers during the day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definatley the huggies overnights (I am assuming you were using the pampers overnights?)  DD has never wet through one and they seriously weigh a ton by morning
  • We just started using the huggies overnites for DD.  So far it's worked great! but last night was only her 3rd night trying them.
  • I change DS in the middle of the night.
  • we were using Pampers and DD was peeing through them overnight. We switched to Huggies a month or so ago and she hasn't since then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had the issue too ...

We went up a size and folded the top of the diaper inward since it was a tad big on DS... so far so good..

Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Sounds like we need to check out the Huggies... thanks, everyone!  If that fails, I am willing to try the maxi pad trick! :)  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • huggies for sure.

and we also go up 2 sizes for sawyer. she wears a 4 all day, but a 6 at night. they are big enough for my 3.5 year old to wear lol but sawyer pees too much. 

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"