2nd Trimester

When do you feel consistent movement

I have felt movement already but some days I don't feel anything.  Is this normal and when will I feel the baby move daily.  We went to the Dr. and the baby's heartbeat was 150 and two weeks later it was 137.  Is this normal for it to drop that much in two weeks.

Re: When do you feel consistent movement

• I'm 20 weeks today and have yet to feel consistent movement.  I wish I could remember from my 1st pregnancy, but I don't!  I'm not worried about it though.  I don't think consistent/daily movement starts to happen for another month or so.  I've been feeling so much movement the last week, then yesterday I maybe felt movement once or twice.  And I really had to focus to feel it.  I wouldn't worry about the HR either.  137 isn't bad HR's fluctuate daily.  I'm sure if your OB was concerned he would have said something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel consistent movement, and have since 16 weeks, but mostly because my LO absolutely HATES if I'm on my back.  He kicks like a wild man until I move, so I have kind of a sure fire way to reassure myself he's ok.  As far as the HB, I wouldn't be concerned at all.  That sounds perfectly normal.  Just consider yourself lucky to have a calm little baby :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't worry about the various heartbeats.  I had my OB appointment about an hour before my anatomy scan a few weeks ago.  The OB appointment, the heartbeat was in the 130s and at the scan it was in the 150s.  It varies quite a bit and I had taken a long walk in between the appointments.  No one was concerned at all.

• I couldn't feel anything until about 21 weeks and even then it was pretty faint. Around 23-24 weeks I felt some pretty strong kicks and husband could feel them from the outside. 
  • Aloe0lAloe0l member
    For me it was at least 20-22 weeks before I noticed anything regular.  Now she is so regular with when she moves & sleeps I could almost set a watch to her!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I didn't start feeling movement everyday until 22 weeks. Hang in there!
  • With my first pg, I didn't consistently feel DS everyday until 20+ weeks - my placenta was anterior, which had a lot to do with it. And if your dr wasn't concerned with the heartbeat, I wouldn't worry about it either. hth
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I didn't feel consistent movement until 21 weeks,and it didn't get into a routine until the last week or so-no I always know when LO will be active.The kicks are pretty strong but still can't be felt from the outside.Heartbeat sounds normal to me-mine dropped from 168 at 10 weeks to 148 at 19.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• Okay thanks everyone.  That makes me feel a lot better.  I've been exposed to hookworms from my dog and my mother has been making me worry about it.  I asked my Dr. and she said I'm not showing symptoms so I'm fine.  I'm probably just worrying too much.
  • My doc told me shes not worried about consistent movement until 27 weeks.  I am almost 27 weeks and I feel him allllllllllll day everyday now.
  • I wouldn't worry yet.  The first movement I felt was right at 17 weeks, and I haven't felt anything since then, and I'm not worrying about it.  Once I get around 24 weeks or so, then I will check for consistency.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"