Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Are craigslist sellers always rude!?

I found an awesome double stroller on Craigslist and was all set to buy it.  She agreed to meet me on Monday and I would buy it then. The seller didn't have a problem with this at all.  Well, later the same day she emails me and told me that she had someone looking at the stroller and would let me know if she bought it.  Well of course I haven't heard anything from her, so I'm assuming she sold it.

That is so RUDE!  She agreed to meet me on Monday and didn't have a problem with that.  I just don't understand how inconsiderate people can be.  Seriously, if someone was going to meet me in a few days and was going to buy it, I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.  I would never sell it to someone else.

And now of course I can't find a good deal on a double any more.  So, I'm probably off to pay full price.

Re: Are craigslist sellers always rude!?

• In my experience with Craiglist, you need to get there and buy it asap or it's fair game to be sold to someone else.  I generally let people know that I have someone coming to buy the item before them so if they want it, they need to make arrangements to buy sooner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageIU_baby:
    In my experience with Craiglist, you need to get there and buy it asap or it's fair game to be sold to someone else.  I generally let people know that I have someone coming to buy the item before them so if they want it, they need to make arrangements to buy sooner.

This exactly.  I sell on Craigslist a lot and I try to sell to people who want to buy that day, for I have had many people not show up. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • CL is first come first serve. I make sure I never promise an item to anyone.
  • I understand if its first come, first serve; however I have a hard time just getting a response from someone. I have found great toys and I would email someone to see if an item was still available and if I could get it and wouldn't get a response! 
  • imageIU_baby:
    In my experience with Craiglist, you need to get there and buy it asap or it's fair game to be sold to someone else.  I generally let people know that I have someone coming to buy the item before them so if they want it, they need to make arrangements to buy sooner.

This... I once had two appointments set up within hours of eachother.... but I always let the other person know if it was sold.

Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
  • Ditto, Craigslist is first come first serve. But it is rude not to let you know if it was already sold or not.

I also think it's rude to sell something and not remove the ad. I hate getting excited about something only to never hear back from the seller, yet never see the ad leave the website.

• Most people seem to be nice! But you do run across people who say they'll meet you and then sell it to someone else. Or don't remove ads, or try to scam you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm selling something my dd grew out of and about a week and a half ago agreed to sell it to someone who replied to my post.  She lives out of town and is having someone else pick it up.  The days I've been home have not been convenient for the person picking it up and vice versa.  So, here I am holding this thing with no money in hand...and I've had several other inquiries.  I'm giving it until the end of the day for her to give me a pick up date...otherwise, I've got to sell it.  This is the last time I will hold something for someone...in the future..I will sell first come first serve. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"