2nd Trimester
Options

Oh noes!!!

I've heard nothing but horrible things about Pampers Dry Max, and I thought they were keeping the originals too, but apparently they are discontinuing the originals Crying I am terrified of putting my baby girl in Dry Max after all the bad things I've heard about them. I guess we'll just have to stock up on the originals and pray that we have enough before they're gone for good.

I just can't imagine why Pampers would replace such a good product with such a shiity one that has SOO many compaints! Horrible business decision. Maybe once they realize they're sales are dropping and they continue to get complaints they'll go back to the originals ::crosses fingers::

What diapers do you all plan to use?

Re: Oh noes!!!

• Options
    imageCaymandreams:

I've heard nothing but horrible things about Pampers Dry Max, and I thought they were keeping the originals too, but apparently they are discontinuing the originals Crying I am terrified of putting my baby girl in Dry Max after all the bad things I've heard about them. I guess we'll just have to stock up on the originals and pray that we have enough before they're gone for good.

I just can't imagine why Pampers would replace such a good product with such a shiity one that has SOO many compaints! Horrible business decision. Maybe once they realize they're sales are dropping and they continue to get complaints they'll go back to the originals ::crosses fingers::

What diapers do you all plan to use?

The all mighty dollar, my dear. It's probably cheaper to make.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LCB34LCB34 member

We are going to try the dry max swaddlers b/c none of my friends have had any problems. 

If we have a reaction we will switch to the sensitive swaddlers that do not have the dry max in them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use Huggies.  Why are you stuck on Pampers?  Can't make a switch?
  • Options
    t.birdt.bird member

i use BG 3.0 (cloth) for the most part.

but when i use disposable i use Target brand. so far so good!

but when alex was a NB we used the pampers swaddlers. i really loved those!

• Options
    I plan on trying a bunch of different brands before ultimately deciding, but I'm hoping Huggies will work for our LO since that's what they sell at Costco.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagepiecesofflare:

Yeah, I'm all about a Pampers boycott until this is resolved.  I will not give my baby's junk chemical burns.

This! 

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:

The all mighty dollar, my dear. It's probably cheaper to make.

I figured as much, but do they not realize that in the end they'll lose a LOT of business (and even more money) with all these complaints??

• Options
    imagesillypit:
    I plan on trying a bunch of different brands before ultimately deciding, but I'm hoping Huggies will work for our LO since that's what they sell at Costco.
    Bingo!  We love Huggies, never had a problem.  And they're cheaper at Costco!
  • Options
    imageLCB34:

We are going to try the dry max swaddlers b/c none of my friends have had any problems. 

If we have a reaction we will switch to the sensitive swaddlers that do not have the dry max in them.

From what I understand, those are going to be Dry Max too. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

• Options

imagemo duinne:
    We use Huggies.  Why are you stuck on Pampers?  Can't make a switch?

Fortunately, this is our first so I'm not loyal to a certain brand yet, but I've just heard so many wonderful things about swaddlers and cruisers that that's what we'd prefer to use.

• Options
    LCB34LCB34 member
    imageCaymandreams:
    imageLCB34:

From what I understand, those are going to be Dry Max too. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

They have not changed them and from what I hear are not changing them since they are "sensitive". 

• Options
    imagepiecesofflare:

Yeah, I'm all about a Pampers boycott until this is resolved.  I will not give my baby's junk chemical burns.

This is EXACTLY why I'm terrified to even try Dry Max. Can you imagine how painful that would be? =( I know some babies do just fine with it, but I'd rather not take that chance to find out. It would break my heart if my little girl had a reaction to it and I knew it could have been avoided.

Side note: I do realize that babies can have a reaction to ANY brand of diaper. But if I can avoid a chemical burn I will.

• Options
    Pampers swaddlers for the first few weeks, then we are switching to cloth. I think we are going to go with the BumGenius brand.
  • Options
    imageLCB34:
    imageCaymandreams:
    imageLCB34:

They have not changed them and from what I hear are not changing them since they are "sensitive". 

God, I hope you're right LCB!! ::crosses fingers::

• Options

LCB!! Do you see what I see?!? Crying How can they call them "sensitive" with that crap in them?!?

• Options
    Well we have a few packs of Pampers newborn swaddlers sensitive, which doesn't have the dry max. Then we got a huge box of diapers from Costco. So we will probably see how he likes those and go from there.
  • Options
    LCB34LCB34 member
    I don't think the dry max is in the size 1 and 2s.  At least they are not on the shelves of my Target yet (and I bought diapers there 2 days ago).
  • Options

Sadly, even the Newborn sensitive swaddlers have dry max now. At least the boxes on my grocery store shelf.

boooo! 

• Options

imageLCB34:
    I don't think the dry max is in the size 1 and 2s.  At least they are not on the shelves of my Target yet (and I bought diapers there 2 days ago).

I will be astounded (and ticked) if they replace the sensitives with Dry Max and continue to call them "sensitives". There is nothing sensitive about that junk.

• Options
    I just really don't get the big deal. If you aren't comfortable using them, then don't. We loved Pampers when DS was a newborn, but I'm not comfortable using the new ones. So guess what? I'm going to buy a different brand. There are many other diaper brands out there, many of which will work just as well as the Pampers Swaddlers.
  • Options

I guess I don't understand the point in worrying about it.  Just go with another brand that doesn't have dry max.  

You are supposed to change your child's diaper after 2-3 hours anyway (unless they soil it first) so what is the point of dry max?

Why spend all this time worrying about it when you could use another brand that doesn't have dry max and works well?

• Options
    imagemo duinne:

I guess I don't understand the point in worrying about it.  Just go with another brand that doesn't have dry max.  

You are supposed to change your child's diaper after 2-3 hours anyway (unless they soil it first) so what is the point of dry max?

Why spend all this time worrying about it when you could use another brand that doesn't have dry max and works well?

Thank you! You said it much better then I did.

• Options
    imagemo duinne:

I guess I'm just dissapointed that I won't get to use such a good product that I've heard so many wonderful things about. And I'm frustrated that Pampers ruined it for so many people.

• Options
    image~Kat~:
    imagemo duinne:

Thank you! You said it much better then I did.

LOL - sorry, didn't see that you had said the same thing!!  :)
  • Options
    My only issue with the whole thing is that we started using Pampers because that is what they used in the hospital when DS was born and we liked them (I had bought Huggies previously). I will be disappointed if when we go to the hospital this time they are still putting Pampers on all the babies. I may actually bring my own stock of some other brand just in case they are still using Pampers.
  • Options
    imageCaymandreams:
    imagemo duinne:

I guess I'm just dissapointed that I won't get to use such a good product that I've heard so many wonderful things about. And I'm frustrated that Pampers ruined it for so many people.

I can see being disappointed because you were excited about something that was hyped up, but clearly it's not a good product. 

And I judge any parent that would try this product on their child to see if their child's skin reacts.  It does not seem to be a healthy product.

• Options

Pampers used to be our diaper of choice.  But, with the dry max issues, I'm not buying them this time. (Although I do have a hundred NB and a hundred size 1 and a few size 2 left from ds that I will use)

This time I am really, really leaning on getting gdiapers and going that route :)

*~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We will be using Huggies or 7th Generation.  We've had great luck with Huggies on both of my nephews. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imaget.bird:

i use BG 3.0 (cloth) for the most part.

but when i use disposable i use Target brand. so far so good!

but when alex was a NB we used the pampers swaddlers. i really loved those!

Ditto this!  Great minds think alike Wink  We are using the 365 brand by Whole Foods in rotation with Earth's Best when needed (darn sensitive skin on sweet girl's bottom). 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    we're using CDs with #2.  I had bought two boxes of Pampers as a just in case, but with this uproar about the DryMax, I returned them.  We have no diapers at this point, and I might get a pair of NB Huggies as my just in case.
  • Options

Hi everyone. I work at Pampers and I know it's scary to hear our diaper is associated with diaper rash and what appears to be chemical burns, but I wanted you all to know the facts. Pampers with Dry Max, although new, is made with the same types of ingredients and materials in our other diapers. What's different is how the diaper was designed and produced. We also have an entire division devoted to product safety to conduct all kinds of tests before putting a new product on the market. These tests confirmed that Pampers with Dry Max are just as safe as the previous version. We've also asked consumers experiencing rashes to be seen by pediatricians and dermatologists and haven't seen any confirmed cases of chemical burns. As a mom of two girls myself, I can understand hesitation, but I hope if any one has any additional questions or concerns, you'll reach out to the Pampers team at 1-877-256-3265.

@luckystarz I'm truly sorry to hear about your little one and hope that you'll call us so we can learn more and offer some help.

• Options
    MSC03MSC03 member
    We'll be cloth diapering. I just can't hang with putting harsh chemicals on my baby, dipes in a landfill, and throwing away that amount of money.
    imageimage
  • Options
    DLD102DLD102 member

So, I would do a little more research...I was on the "Eff Pampers" bandwagon, too, only to find out that this whole out-cry started with some mothers in TX and grew from there...not saying that it didn't happen, just re-read all of the articles pertaining to Dry-Max diapers.

I trust the experts' and Pediatricians' opinions on this, rather some possibly exaggerated news story.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby #3! BFP 10/20/12 EDD 6/27/13
  • Options
    HEY YOU! How ya feeling?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"