2nd Trimester
Options

breast pump

can anyone suggest a breast pump? i didnt register for one because I was up in the air about what I wanted to do. I am going to a breast feeding class next week and was just wondering what everyone's opinions were. The Meda one is expensive but I want something that works great too, especially for when I return to work. Any opinions are welcome.

Re: breast pump

• Options
    My SIL has the Lansoil (?spelling?) one...I registered for it as well after my cousin's CONSTANT complants about her Mediola (again spelling) one.
  • Options
    When it comes to an affordable breastpump that is efficient enough for daily pumping for back-to-work, several BFing and working/pumping boards over at iVillage recommend the Ameda Purely Yours. The PY is also sold as the Lansinoh Double Electric breast pump, just under the Lansinoh brand name. It's cheaper than the Medela, but many people say it's just as good and efficient. The Medela Pump In Style is the most commonly used one, I believe, but it tends to be more expensive.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the Medela Pump In Style and it was good.  You might want to consider renting one first. Sometimes BFing doesn't work out and then you won't be stuck with a $200 pump.
  • Options

Ah!  Yeah - Lansinoh...that is the one I registered for.

I have heard a few negatives about the Medela one - nothing to do with cost (IMO I would absolutely pay more for something I knew/was informed by a trusted source to be better.)

• Options

imagemo duinne:
    I had the Medela Pump In Style and it was good.  You might want to consider renting one first. Sometimes BFing doesn't work out and then you won't be stuck with a $200 pump.

This. haven't used the pump myself since it's my first baby, but my friends have and that's what I'm going to get.  

• Options
    Also - check with your health insurance.  Apparently mine will pay 80% of the cost of a pump once I get a doctor's prescription for one (a little weird, but whatever).  I have to run through my deductible first, but I'm pretty sure that will happen with the hospital visit! 
  • Options
    I'm still undecided if I'm going to BF or not but I'm getting the PJ's Comfort Breast Pump from work for free.
  • Options
    I used the Medela hands free one (PISA?) and loved it. I pumped in my office at work so was able to reply to e-mails, etc while pumping. It was small too so easy to throw in a bag. I have a friend who bought the same and breastfeeding didn't end up working out for her and she had to sell it and take a loss. I'd say you might not need it right away, so you might want to wait.

Mama to 4 kids: girl 2009, boy 2010, girl 2012, boy 2014

www.herenowus.com

• Options
    I have the Medela Pump in Style and LOVE it
    *~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Here's something useful just for some food for thought:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/23oyk42  

Also, check Consumer reports for safety stuff on it.

I'm getting the Medela PISA...I've heard mixed reviews about it - but the negative reviews I've heard were mainly due to the noise...or something like that, and those are definitely things I can live with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"