New York Babies

Car seat after delivery of baby

Hello,

I was told that the hospital requires you to have a car seat or they wont release the baby, is this true, what about a baby carrier? I live in the city not planning to get a car, if i need one i can rent the car seat with the rental car, do you have any experience with this?

Re: Car seat after delivery of baby

• I spoke to 2 of my friends who had babies last year and they said each hospital said they had to have a car seat to leave (Bkln Hosp. & Columbia Presbyterian.. I think) Though both of them have also said they don't need the car seat each time they take cabs - usually just hold LO in carrier or something. (None of us have cars either). I was concerned about this as well b/c I live 1/2 a block from the hospital I'm delivering at and really hope I won't need a cab home lol :)

I'll still ask my Dr. next appointment b/c I think it's different at each place.  

Hope this helps :)

• i delivered at beth israel and live only a block away. i was concerned about the car seat thing too, but they said it was no problem for us to just go ahead and walk home. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegogoamy:
    i delivered at beth israel and live only a block away. i was concerned about the car seat thing too, but they said it was no problem for us to just go ahead and walk home. 

I delivered here too. Since we weren't driving but walking home, they were find with us not having a car seat. I just happened to have one of those travel systems so DS was in the car seat, in the stroller. 

• St. Lukes - Roosevelt required us to have a car seat unless we were planning on walking home. But if you don't want to buy a car seat and its too far to walk home, there is a car service you can use: https://www.kidcarny.com. They have car seats professionally installed. But if you ever rent cars or use zipcar, I would buy a car seat anyway because they don't clean the car seats well and they're not stored well so I prefer using my own rather than risking the germs on a rental but that's just my preference.

• I'm delivering at NYU Tisch and in the hospital information they shared, it said a car seat was required.

I'm going to ask while on the hospital tour though, as I live two blocks away and was planning on walking home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"