2nd Trimester
Options

Who's already buying diapers?

So, I'm not officially here yet (kind of inbetween at 12wks3days), but my NT scan is tomorrow and i've made myself wait to buy anything until after i get the good news tomorrow.  I'm going shopping immediately after and wanted to start buying some diapers.  i've seen some posts saying that you shouldn't buy a ton of newborn sizes because they grow out of them so fast, but i haven't seen any specific favorite brands.  Are you guys buying diapers early and if so, what kind?  (SUPER EXCITED TO BE HERE WITH YOU GUYS SOON!)

Re: Who's already buying diapers?

• Options
    kg_08kg_08 member
    I'd wait on diapers.. 2 reasons. #1, people will probably buy you a ton for your shower. (I havn't even had my shower yet and already have like 300 diapers). Reason #2, not every brand works the same on every baby. Pampers might work great on one, but Huggies might work great on another. See how things go when the baby gets here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with PP.  I'd wait before buying a bunch of diapers.  I know moms who've purchased grocery store, BRU, or Target gift cards once a paycheck to set aside for diapers once the baby arrives.  It's a way to set aside money but not actually purchase the diapers. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree I would hold off on buying diapers for now. Your LO may be allergic to some and not to others. I think its best to wait.
  • Options
    I am not buying a bunch of diapers early. For DS, I bought two packs of newborn, and one of size one. We really liked Pampers Swaddlers for the newborn stage. Then we switched to Luvs when he was a bit older since they are cheaper.
  • Options
    I had an awesome coupon for some diapers, and I bought them.  I have signed up at huggies.com, pampers.com, and luvs.com and have started getting their coupons.  I know people are mixed about buying diapers.  I personally, LOVE the idea of planning ahead!!! One suggestion I have seen, and liked, is instead of buying diapers buy gift cards to the store where you will be buying the diapers.  That way you will have the extra money for diapers when the time comes so you actually know what size you need!
  • Options

We've started buying diapers for 3 reasons.  1.  I want the sensitive non-dry max pampers swaddlers and they are hard to find - DH has a skin condition that is genetic. 2.  I know ppl will be nice and buy diapers,and while I appreciate it we'll most likely be limited to what we can use because of baby's skin(we'll donate or give away what we don't use).  3.  For the 12 weeks I'll be off of work I want to keep my Target runs to a minimum, so I want to be as prepared as possible. With that said, we will wait on buying formula in bulk until after the baby is born, so Target runs will happen regardless.   

• Options
    imageKimee13:

We've started buying diapers for 3 reasons.  1.  I want the sensitive non-dry max pampers swaddlers and they are hard to find - DH has a skin condition that is genetic. 2.  I know ppl will be nice and buy diapers,and while I appreciate it we'll most likely be limited to what we can use because of baby's skin(we'll donate or give away what we don't use).  3.  For the 12 weeks I'll be off of work I want to keep my Target runs to a minimum, so I want to be as prepared as possible. With that said, we will wait on buying formula in bulk until after the baby is born, so Target runs will happen regardless.   

While this is very generous, you can probably exchange the diapers that don't work for you for whatever your preferred brand is. 

• Options
    I totally love the jean diapers that Huggies has out limited edition this summer (someone posted about it yesterday).  I really didn't plan on getting diapers in advance other than what people gift me, so I can see what I like.  But I'm going to get some of these because they're precious!
  • Options
    I have not personally bought any but my MIL has bought a few packs for us.  I have a shower in 2 weeks & it's a diaper & wipe theme.  Hopefully after that shower, LO's closet will be full.
  • Options
    I agree I'd wait on diapers.  Maybe buy one  box of size 1 and leave it at that.  You can skip NB  size and just roll down the top to go under the cord.  That's what we do at work (only have  xs preemie for <2lbs, preemie <6lbs and size 1, skip the NB). It works just fine and they won't grow out of them as fast.  As for brand, you'll have to use trial and error.  I started with Papmers swaddlers and didn't like them, so we switched to Huggies and prefer them best.  It might also be different for boys than girls.
    My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    image~Kat~:
    imageKimee13:

While this is very generous, you can probably exchange the diapers that don't work for you for whatever your preferred brand is. 

I've figured out that sometimes donating gifts is a lot easier and less stressful than having to basically give my first born up to Target, where most folks will buy from.  If I'm lucky enough to get a gift receipt and it's within the 90-day window then I'll try and exchange, otherwise, I'm sure I'll be outta luck. Plus, between my mother and myself we'll have more than enough diapers - we're type A plan-ahead organizing fools. 

• Options

I've started buying diapers but that's only because we're going with cloth diapers. I'm buying different ones here and there so the "investment" doesn't come out of the bank account all at once. 

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • Options
    I buy some when I have coupons. Usually size 1 or 2.
    image image

• Options

imagecinema_goddess:
    I agree with PP.  I'd wait before buying a bunch of diapers.  I know moms who've purchased grocery store, BRU, or Target gift cards once a paycheck to set aside for diapers once the baby arrives.  It's a way to set aside money but not actually purchase the diapers. 

DH is laughing at me like crazy because I screamed out 'I love this idea!'. LOL

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have already started buying diapers. I'm a couponaholic so where there is a coupon, I pair it with a sale to get the best price on diapers. I have purchased 7th Generation, Huggies and Pampers so far. In sizes NB to 3.

Target has a great sale this week (paired with their coupon, and manuf. coupon), which will make for more cheap diapers. I keep receipts so if something doesn't work, I will exchange them when needed.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Still poking my head into 2nd Tri from time to time...  :)

Just FYI, for the diapers purchased at Target that they won't return/exchange without receipt/gift receipt, take 'em on over to Walmart...they will take most every kind!

We did this after we received FAR too many newborn diapers at our shower, and Walmart exchanged our NB Huggies for a different size

• Options

imagesmbckr2:
    I buy some when I have coupons. Usually size 1 or 2.

I'd say buy a lot of size 3. They're not in size 1 and 2 for very long. I have hundreds of size 2 diapers left over that DS outgrew. Luckily we can save them for baby #2, but unless you're planning on another one you probably don't want to go overboard on 1-2s

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have bought a few, but we plan on mostly cloth diapering, so I am trying to spread that cost out. I will probably end up registering for some cloth diapers, but I am buying most of them myself because I have a feeling I will get a lot of "You don't really want to use cloth do you? Don't you know how much harder it is?!" from those attending my shower...
    Wife to MC since Aug. 2008.
    Proud mom of two furbabies: Bella ~ 6yo Boxer, Eddie ~ 4yo ESH Pointer mix (note: my dogs were NOT named after Twilight...)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing cloth, so like a PP said, we are buying one or two from different brands here and there to spread out the diaper spending. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"