2nd Trimester
Options

What swimsuit do you have?

I have been shopping for a maternity swimsuit (online), and I can't really find anything that I love that isn't super expensive. I thought I liked the Old Navy ones, but the reviews aren't that great. The Motherhood ones are ok, and I will probably get one if there is nothing else that I like better. What maternity swimsuit do you have and do you like it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What swimsuit do you have?

• Options
    Only place I could find any that I can afford, even though the choices arent many, was at walmart.com. They are roughly about 26 or 28 for plus size maternity, and since I dont plan on wearing it after this summer, just to pool at gym, it works for me. Good luck.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    I bought one from Target.  A basic black one.  I don't love it.  I don't think there are any maternity suits that I could love  and justify spending the money on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm no help.... in the same boat.  I need to find one.  My issue is that I want one for a trip at the end of August when I will be 6 months.  How do I buy a suit at 14weeks when I'm not showing so that it fits and looks good at 6 months?  I'm pretty sure they will all be picked over or off the shelves if I wait until the end of the summer.

I'm thinking Motherhood maternity- I don't care if I look like a dork... and I thought they were reasonably priced.

• Options
    I got the all black one at Walmart- $26 and I love it!!! I am not huge- but I have a larger chest so I ordered the med and it fit but wouldn't last all summer so I reordered and went with the large!
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went to JCPenney and got just a tankini top.. In an XL, my boobs are crazy right now. lol but it was really cute with my belly. I did not even dare to buy bottoms. i dont think i will be wearing bathingsuit bottoms either. lol Ill prob wear it to the beach with a lil pair of shorts or skirt..
  • Options

*dropping in from 3rd*
    I splurged on this one by Maternial America - I ordered from Nordstrom, and I love it. It's totally supportive and way comfy!  Not to mention, I think it's pretty stylish and not... frumpy like some maternity suits out there. image

ETA: I ordered an XL (I'm a size 16... at least I was pre-pregnacy lol), and it doesn't cling or bunch up, it's fitted in the boobs and the rib area, but then kindof skims along the belly and the back, and the boob area fits really great (I'm a D cup currently) with or without the strap tied.

• Options

I was in the same boat and found a non-maternity suit at Kohl's that I think will work well.  It's a "long torso" design.  I purchased a few sizes up and it seems to do the trick.  It was on sale for $40 and I had an additional 15% to use...

https://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim/womens/mixandmatch/PRD~c18292/Croft+and+Barrow+Fit+for+You+Floral+Swim+Separates.jsp

• Options

imagekimtritz:
    *dropping in from 3rd*
    I splurged on this one by Maternial America - I ordered from Nordstrom, and I love it. It's totally supportive and way comfy!  Not to mention, I think it's pretty stylish and not... frumpy like some maternity suits out there. image

That is super cute! Unfortunately, out of my price range though. :-) Also, I need one where my belly doesn't show at all since pregnancy makes my belly hairy. Ick!

• Options
    imageCaliRae81:

I was in the same boat and found a non-maternity suit at Kohl's that I think will work well.  It's a "long torso" design.  I purchased a few sizes up and it seems to do the trick.  It was on sale for $40 and I had an additional 15% to use...

https://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim/womens/mixandmatch/PRD~c18292/Croft+and+Barrow+Fit+for+You+Floral+Swim+Separates.jsp

I love that! The style looks like it would work really well for maternity, even if it isn't supposed to be. 

• Options
    I bought one at Target - black with a red strip under the breasts.  I saw the same on at Motherhood, so you might check if you are buying there.  Target is cheaper.  My friend just wore a tank top and swim shorts her whole pregnancy...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The one I bought is called uMaMe, it is so comfortable!
  • Options
    Oh just shave it or pick up some sally hansen's wax strips at the drug store :-) (heehee)
  • Options
    I just went to Kohls and found a regular swimsuit that works.  I got a tankini top in L (I was a S PP).  It fits my boobs and is loose around my belly, for now. 
  • Options
    acesupacesup member
    imageMelissa Lynn:

I'm no help.... in the same boat.  I need to find one.  My issue is that I want one for a trip at the end of August when I will be 6 months.  How do I buy a suit at 14weeks when I'm not showing so that it fits and looks good at 6 months?  I'm pretty sure they will all be picked over or off the shelves if I wait until the end of the summer.

I'm thinking Motherhood maternity- I don't care if I look like a dork... and I thought they were reasonably priced.

if you go into a motherhood maternity store, they usually have fake bumps that you can put on underneath to get an idea of what things will look like. 

• Options
    I purchased mine from Target.  I like it because the halter strap is removable so it is just a tube style - good for no tan lines!
  • Options
    LCB34LCB34 member
    I'm wearing a regular tankini from Target.  I had to go up one size in the top and am in my pre-pregnancy size for the bottoms.
  • Options
    Aloe0lAloe0l member
    I was in regular bikinis until my boobs grew another size recently.  So I decided to try out a maternity suit from target.  It's ok - but it's semi-matronly looking and I feel weird in it.  Probably because I'm not used to the tankini style (can't remember the last time I covered my belly with a suit!).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageMelissa Lynn:
    Oh just shave it or pick up some sally hansen's wax strips at the drug store :-) (heehee)

All I could think was OUCH! wax the belly!

But now that I think about it.. not such a bad idea.. I'm going to have to do that! cause My belly got a little hairy too..

But the swimsuit I found and love and is really cute is the one from ON

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=56305&vid=1&pid=737157&scid=737157072

I got the Pink and Brown one.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

i have two from motherhood maternity and they are super cute and were affordable!

i tried those, target ones and pea in a pod, and they were still the cutest and well made! 

• Options
    image~Kat~:

That is super cute! Unfortunately, out of my price range though. :-) Also, I need one where my belly doesn't show at all since pregnancy makes my belly hairy. Ick!

It was out of my price range too, until I started trying on suits and just crying in the mirror!!! I just figure, this is my first pregnancy, I'll have 2-3 more babies (God & husband willing lol) so I'll gladly recycle the suit through those. I haven't needed a maternity "work" wardrobe, so I got lucky there. It's not so obviously a maternity cut that I can probably get away with it when I'm not pregnant (read: I'll wear it anyway!). For a gal that goes to the beach each weekend and pretty much lives there and in pools, I needed a good suit. My husband saw it & the price tag and had a heart attack but bought it anyway. So we'll have to cut back on the electric bill, lol, it was worth it to me. lol

As far as the hairy tummy goes... my tummy looks like a gigantic peach too!!! I just shave it when I (try) and shave my legs and hootiehoo. lol   

• Options
    I have 3 from Target, purchased 3 years ago, and they are still in great condition and I like them. Two of them were on clearance, so I only paid about $8 each for them. I've worn them for the last 3 years (because even not pg, my maternity suits are somewhat flattering).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I might be no help because I'll be wearing bikinis.. I think baby bellies rock!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"