2nd Trimester
Options

8-day headache

I've consistently had pain and pressure in my head since last Monday.  It's not unbearable, but it does not feel good.

I started having cold-like symptoms with it and my midwife said it was just a summer cold that could last 8 to 10 days.  This was Tuesday.  She told me to call if I got a fever.

Thursday morning I had a fever of 102 and I felt horrible.  I called and they prescribed me with a 5 day z-pack (antibiotic).  I thought it was weird that they didn't have me come in.   

Today I am still having cold symptoms, sore throat, coughing, runny nose, along with pressure in my ears and a consistent headache.  I called them and they are telling me to wait it out and take extra-strength Tylenol.  The Tylenol is not helping.

I am not a wuss, but isn't an 8-day headache a bad thing?   I would love to hear some thoughts and opinions.   

Re: 8-day headache

• Options
    Mindy, I've been having a bad headache for a week too.  I called the midwife this morning and she said maybe it was sinus/allergies.  I've never had sinus or allergies problems but I guess it can come about with pregnancy?  She suggested some sudafed to see if that helps.  I HATE to take ANYTHING while pregnant, but its unbareable, so i'm willing to give it a shot.  
  • Options
    I had to finally break down and go to the doctor yesterday.  I have been sick since last Monday with pretty much the same symptoms.  THey gave me a shot & a Z-pack.  Today my head has hurt me pretty bad but I can't take anything since  I'm taking the Z-pack.  I ran some errands earlier today and everytime I went into a store my noise would burn sooooo bad.  I will be so glad to be over this crap!!!  Hope you feel better soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"