3rd Trimester

for you cheapskates...belly bandit alternative!

As most of you have come to find out by this point, the baby industry is nearly as overpriced as the wedding industry. Therefore, I share with you a product that is pretty darn similar to the belly bandit- I used it pre preg  for "shaping" and early in first tri for back support with my OB's consent.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Waist-Trimmer-Belt/12167842

This one is neoprene instead, so it causes you to sweat a bit- supposedly shaping the are by causing you to sweat off the extra water weight in that area. Not sure if that's how the belly bandit works, but the claims and raves are about the same!

Oh yeah... did I mention this one costs $5 as opposed to $45-60? Thought you might enjoy spending that cash on something else!

Re: for you cheapskates...belly bandit alternative!

• Thanks for sharing this :)
  • Yep!  Already have mine! cant wait to use it! lol
    BFP#1 - 10/09, DS born 6/17/10 BFP#2 - 09/12, EDD 6/6/13, MMC 10/31/12 @8w5d, D&C 11/30/12 Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • EXACTLY what I was looking for - thanks so much!  I need to buy that, plus my little hand weights and theraband to get all shaped up after baby :-P 

I actually like that it is made out of the neoprene.  I have some specialty cream at my work that is supposed to work with that type of material to help lose inches/water weight.  

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • THANK YOU!!!!

Also, PP what is the name of that cream?

• It's called SlenderBolic.  Our little local company is the only place that sells it, but I got on our website and see that you can purchase it online.

https://www.tanandtoneamerica.com/slender-bolic

Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Cool! Thank you!

Have you used it before? How long does one tube last? (I would probably only put it on my poochy belly). 

• Yes I have used it before!  Love it!  And I think it will really do it's job for helping get rid of the pooch (that's what I'm planning on doing with it as well).  I think if you just put it on your tummy (and you don't need very much) it should last a couple months.  Not that diet and exercise aren't good too, but I think this could really help shape up the mommy tummy. 
  • Thank you, thank you :)
  • You are very welcome! I didnt know what the belly bandit was, but after I looked it up I realized it was pretty much the exact came thing as the trimmer belt I already had!!!

Belly Bandit's website kinda trash talks other shapers like this, but doesnt really describe how theirs even works. It says that other shapers can be bulky, but I didnt find mine to be, so I thought you guys might appreciate saving some money- I am sure you can think of other things to spend sixty bucks on! I know I can!

• imageMrsBalletStar05:

It's called SlenderBolic.  Our little local company is the only place that sells it, but I got on our website and see that you can purchase it online.

https://www.tanandtoneamerica.com/slender-bolic

At the risk of grossing everyone out, hemorrhiod cream does the same thing when combined with a heating pad.  A trick learnt from my body building Mom who uses this to on her abs before a competition. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wuhhoowuhhoo member
    Wow, thanks for posting this! I'm all about a bargain.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"