Pregnant after a Loss

Shortness of breath...

By far the worst side effect of pregnancy to me! Nothing freaks me out more than my breathing being even a little off!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shortness of breath...

• Not looking forward to that. I like breathing
  • imagecaliforniastars:
    Not looking forward to that. I like breathing
    It may not bother other people like it does me because I have anxiety and I'm a hypochondriac. So I'm hyper aware of any change in heart rate breathing etc. Once I become aware of even a tiny change I get panicky and then it becomes an uphill battle to calm down again. So right now I'm laying down in my dark cold bedroom watching Family Guy to calm down! Yes I'm pathetic!
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree. DH & I spend the weekend in the mountains and the altitude definitely did not help matters.
  • Aw, you sound pretty freaked out right now.  I agree with you - it is pretty disconcerting to have any change in your breathing.  Just try to relax, and I hope that this is a change you(we) become accostomed to soon.
  • Girl, I was just talking about this today. It seems worse for me after I eat too much. Feel free to text me anytime you have a freakout Vanessa!
    BFP #1 06/15/08 Missed M/C 07/22/08
    BFP #2 11/08/08 Chemical Pregnancy 11/14/08
    BFP #3 01/17/10 Mark Jason born Sept 16 2010
    BFP #4 08/17/11 Chemical Pregnancy 08/23/11
    BFP #5 01/06/12 Blighted Ovum 2/2/12 M/C 2/11/12
    BFP #6 11/28/12 EDD 08/10/13 Saw/Heard Heartbeat 12/20!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagethe_future_mrs.diffenbaugh:
    Girl, I was just talking about this today. It seems worse for me after I eat too much. Feel free to text me anytime you have a freakout Vanessa!
    Yeah mine seemed worse after eating dinner. Didn't really eat too much but I have been eating almost all day just consistant intake of small amounts of food! I'm thinking I'm just gonna go to sleep and let my breathing regulate that way, but it is better now!
  • It is a little freaky.  Yesterday DHand I went for  walk and he goes 'you sound like me on a hike' which means sucking wind.  It only lasted for a minute thankfully because LO decided to move and stop kicking my ribs. 
  • I've been getting this too and I really don't like it! It just feels like I can't take a deep enough breath!
  • imagehutch0830:
    I've been getting this too and I really don't like it! It just feels like I can't take a deep enough breath!
    I think I was around 13-15 weeks when it started happening for the first time out of nowhere! It was awful because you don't feel big enough to be feeling like that yet. And it would be at the most random times like driving in the car!
  • This is definintely not a cool side effect at all. Such a catch 22... the breathing issue can make you anxious and the more anxious you are, the more difficult it is to get it under control. Hugs.
  • imagecaliforniastars:
    I like breathing
    This, but I fee your pain.  I have a short abdoman and DD is long just like her father (he's 6'2) and so her legs when she stretches out are in my ribs pressing against my lungs and it is not comfortable.  I never found a comfortable position with DD#1 when she did it so I'm usually all over the place trying to find a position that opens my chest enough to breath properly.
  • imagecintim:
    This is definintely not a cool side effect at all. Such a catch 22... the breathing issue can make you anxious and the more anxious you are, the more difficult it is to get it under control. Hugs.

This exactly! My anxiety attacks always start out with shortness of breath, so it's not hard for that symptom to get me all worked up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"