Your Mom's pregnancy — The Bump
February 2011 Moms

Your Mom's pregnancy

I got really nervous about the brown spotting I've had in the last 24 hours. This afternoon I spoke to my mom and she said that in all four of her pregnancies she had spotting (and we were all healthy babies.) I know that my experience with pregnancy may be completely different than hers, but it made me feel a little better knowing that she had that experience multiple times and everything was fine.She said she also developed some serious nausea and sensitivity to smells.

Have you spoken to your mom about what her pregnancy was like and what symptoms she had?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
m/c 6/10 
missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13

Re: Your Mom's pregnancy

• I spoke to my mom about it a little today. She had a polyp with my brother and bled a lot, then she had a terrible miscarriage (literally nearly bled to death) and then had me. She bled some with me too.

No m/s though, so there's hope after a story that scared the ever-living out of me.  *fingers crossed*

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Lkat17Lkat17 member
    imageAggieBeth06:

I spoke to my mom about it a little today. She had a polyp with my brother and bled a lot, then she had a terrible miscarriage (literally nearly bled to death) and then had me. She bled some with me too.

Yikes, that is a scary story! I've got my fingers crossed that you won't have any complications like that. No m/s sounds good though!

The one thing that my mom said that made me concerned (besides the awful m/s) was that she ended up on bed rest a lot. I think that could get old really fast.

But yeah, fingers crossed for a happy, healthy pregnancy for both of us!

m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Of course it was dad who shared those details with me. As soon as mom realized my face was turning white, she reassured me that bro & I were completely healthy, so there is definitely hope! Sorry to have shared a scary story :-/

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Lkat17Lkat17 member

imageAggieBeth06:
    Of course it was dad who shared those details with me. As soon as mom realized my face was turning white, she reassured me that bro & I were completely healthy, so there is definitely hope! Sorry to have shared a scary story :-/

Oh, no worries!! My mom's scary stories involved 24+ hour labor, but I've heard that story multiple times. :-) 

m/c 6/10 
  • imageLkat17:

imageAggieBeth06:
    Of course it was dad who shared those details with me. As soon as mom realized my face was turning white, she reassured me that bro & I were completely healthy, so there is definitely hope! Sorry to have shared a scary story :-/

Oh, no worries!! My mom's scary stories involved 24+ hour labor, but I've heard that story multiple times. :-) 

Supposedly your mom's pregnancy has nothing to do with yours, but my first pregnancy was pretty similar to my mom's. Maybe it was because it was the same time of year? And... I was in labor over 25 hours with my first. My mom, not so much. It's all worth it though!!! Good luck to both of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards