3rd Trimester
Options

Swelling... down there?

I have started to swell all along my vagina. This didn't happen with DD, but I am carrying this baby extremely low. No part of my uterus is above my belly button. For those who have or are carrying really low, did you swell like that? I'm going to call the OB office tomorrow just to be sure, but thought I would ask here too :) Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Swelling... down there?

• Options

I haven't looked, but things definitely feel, for lack of a better word, puffy down there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    With my first, I didn't swell.  But, with these last two pregnancies, the swelling down there really sucks!    
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am carrying low and am soooo puffy down there...it just seems to be getting worse too =/ It makes sex horrible (very uncomfortable), at least for me. I've talked to my dr about it and he isn't really worried. I guess it happens to some women...
  • Options
    Yes, I am definitely swollen (and soggy too). So much so, that when I wipe, TP gets stuck in the swollen moisture that I have to pick it off with my hand...(so disgusting, sorry for the over sharing)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Options
    Holly88Holly88 member
    I'm carrying low as well. The baby is already pretty low in my pelvis too, and things are definitely puffier! I've heard and read it's totally normal. It's quite uncomfortable though.
  • Options
    I can relate! I am sooo swollen down below and it's quite uncomfy!  I have a reg. visit tomorrow and i'm going to ask then to be sure b/c its swollen and raw feeling!!
  • Options

This happened w my first - I carried him way down low the whole pregnancy, had a desk job, did my 3rd tri in the summer, and ended up w alot of swelling below the waist in general. I'm poofy this time but not near as bad as last time - at the end of my 1st pregnancy it was so bad that my vajajay would go pins and needles and numb!

Unfortunately it is totally normal. Make sure you are changing positions alot, not crossing your legs, not wearing tight clothes that would restrict circulation, and of course drinking lots of water so you minimize the swelling. And hang in there! 

• Options
    I had that with DS.  I remember waking up one morning ans was like what the he!! is that!  It was huge and so uncomfy to walk.  I was glad I was on summer break! LOL
  • Options

I have been a little puffy down there since about 30 weeks.

• Options
    I look like a swollen tick down there.  H took a look and hasn't stopped laughing.  
  • Options
    I have had the same thing. This may sound weird but I got an ice pack wrapped it in a sandwich bag, took a towel and put it down there while I was sitting in bed watching t.v. It felt very soothing and the swelling and warmth went away and I was able to sleep.
  • Options

imagehappyredcat:
    I have had the same thing. This may sound weird but I got an ice pack wrapped it in a sandwich bag, took a towel and put it down there while I was sitting in bed watching t.v. It felt very soothing and the swelling and warmth went away and I was able to sleep.

Ohhh... that sounds like it would feel sooooo gooood right about now!!!! 

My DH also seems amused by it...been having issues with the toilet paper too! 

• Options
    Yes, that is me alright. Not as bad as the 1st and 2nd pregnancy though. Normal and very uncomfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"