3rd Trimester
Options

PG women aren't supposed to swim in lakes?!?

I am dying to float around in some water, so I called my Aunt and Uncle to see if we could use their lake access.  Well, my Aunt said I shouldn't swim in lakes since I'm pg.  I remember her saying the same thing when I was pg with DS, but I just think it's crazy.  Is this some sort of old wives tale?  I'm tempted to ask my OB if he could write me a note clearing me to swim in lakes Stick out tongue

Re: PG women aren't supposed to swim in lakes?!?

• Options
    As long as your water isn't broken, it should be fine. I went last week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, as long as your bag of waters is intact it's safe to swim in any kinda water lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never heard of that.  And I went swimming in a lake yesterday.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    I think you should be fine. I was told to stay out of the gulf (not near the oil spill), but I'm pretty sure it's just because of my cervical issues.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Holly88Holly88 member
    As far as I know, the only risk is if your water has broken. Then any kind of swimming or taking a bath is off limits because of infection risk.
  • Options

imageHolly88:
    As far as I know, the only risk is if your water has broken. Then any kind of swimming or taking a bath is off limits because of infection risk.

This.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options

image618mom22boys:
    I have never heard of that.  And I went swimming in a lake yesterday.

Same here.  It was heavenly and so nice to be able to float on my tummy without it being a problem

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Our Little Guy due 4/14/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like she shoudl be friends with my step MIL who says milk causes ear infections. I would think as long as your water isnt broken in which case they do not want you in any water, that you would be more then fine.
  • Options

imageBrittH05:
    Sounds like she shoudl be friends with my step MIL who says milk causes ear infections. I would think as long as your water isnt broken in which case they do not want you in any water, that you would be more then fine.

Totally random, a dairy allergy is actually one of the leading causes of ear infections in children.  Weird, but true. Smile

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options
    I am from Minnesota and NONE of us have ever heard that one!!  In fact the county I live in has the most lakes!! I am in the lake everyday!  You should have no problem!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we avoid swimming in lakes in Florida -- but it's not b/c I'm pg.  I don't do it b/c of alligators and amoebas!
  • Options
    I haven't heard that one before. I can't wait until the water warms up enough to go swimming. I have my floaty all ready!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"