Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Mommy's Girl

My DD is a total Mommy's girl.  She cries anytime anyone holds her now.  In the past, my family would take her and walk out of the room.  She would let them hold her as long as I wasn't in the room.  Now she screams even when they take her out of the room.  It is so bad so as started to scream when my DH has her and she sees me.   I usually end up taking her because she screams bloody murder.  By the way, I work so I am not with her all day long.  Do you think I should take her every time she cries? 

Re: Mommy's Girl

• Options
    We are dealing with this too.  I feel terrible, especially with my family (who we don't see often which I think just compounds the problem).  I don't really have any advice, but my gut feeling is that if she is truly screaming/inconsolable you should take her.  If she is just fussing, leave her with the other person.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LSzwayaLSzwaya member
    DS fusses all the time when my IL's hold him. Unless there is screaming & tears I usually let him try to work it out with who ever is holding him. But as soon as it gets to the point where he is clearly not going to calm down unless I hold him, I scoop him right up.
    MC 4/09 at 6w2d 
    Rainbow Jude 
    born: 12/31/09
    Pre-E Induction at 36w4d
    11 Day NICU stay due to GBS infection

TTC#2 10/2010
    M/C: 4/09/11 5w
    CP: 12/26/2011 
    CP: 1/28/2012 
    MMC: 4/16/2012 at 11w2d 
    Ectopic: 6/25/2012 MTX 07/03/12
    CP 11/24/2012 
    Rainbow Violet 
    born: 9/11/13

All ALers welcome! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am dealing with this with my twins right now. One of my DDs has to have mommy ALL THE TIME! She doesn't want anyone else to even look at her lol. With my other DD I never know what mood she will be in...some days she is cool with whoever holds her and then some days she freaks out when anyone else takes her.
  • Options

imageLSzwaya:
    DS fusses all the time when my IL's hold him. Unless there is screaming & tears I usually let him try to work it out with who ever is holding him. But as soon as it gets to the point where he is clearly not going to calm down unless I hold him, I scoop him right up.

Same for us too. I've noticed she gets inconsolable when they don't hold her correctly. When we visit family, LO generally chills out by day 2 but she is constantly aware of my location and whether or not I am within eyesight. She's only truly screams at my brother who tends to recline her while he's holding her so her reflux starts bothering her and she fusses at him. SIL usually swoops in and cuddles her to happy smiles again but I have yet to meet a baby that doesn't instantly love SIL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"