Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Vaccine reaction?

DS had Prevnar (Pc) and HIB vaccines on Friday.  He developed a fever yesterday and it's still hanging around today (102).  We called the pedi and they sent us to the ER because apparently any normal reaction to a vaccine would have cleared by now.  ER doctor looked him over and sent us home saying to alternate doses of tylenol and motrin.  So, really the trip to the ER was a waste of time and money

Anyone dealt with a delayed reaction to vaccines?  Not sure what to make of this

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
Shawn and Larissa
LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vaccine reaction?

• Options

I'm not really any help as we haven't delt with this but I just wanted to say that I hope LO starts feeling better soon.  If he still has a fever in the AM I would definitely call the pedi and see if they want you to bring him in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is weird because my pedi told me if Henry had a fever a week after the vaccines to assume it's a reaction if there are no other signs of sickness.  He said to give Tylenol to keep it down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAMYfromKY:
    That is weird because my pedi told me if Henry had a fever a week after the vaccines to assume it's a reaction if there are no other signs of sickness.  He said to give Tylenol to keep it down.

Interesting.  Thanks for the input

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"