Single Parents

Odd Question

Hello, everyone! I apologize for the seemingly worthless question, I know I should be worried about bigger issues, as I'm sure everyone on here probably is. ..I'm not really a single parent, but my husband is in the US Navy and is gone 9 months out of 12, so I basically will be.  We are expecting our first in November! So I'm stressing about every little detail, as that's who I am as a person anyways, haha.  So, It'll be just me and the baby for 36 hours straight at least a few days out of the week, and we have a dog.  I'm trying to train him, but he still needs to go out twice a day on a leash, since we don't have a fenced in yard.  What do I do when I have the baby? It'll be November and rather cold out to bring him with me, but I can't leave him inside. Any ideas? i love my dog to death and really would like to keep him!

Re: Odd Question

• As long as it's not ridiculously cold, I would bundle up the baby and take him out for a walk too.  The fresh air will be good for him.

Alternatively, I would put him in a PnP or his crib and take the monitor if I was just going into the backyard.  During the first few weeks at least, the baby will sleep like 90% of the time, there is no harm in leaving him inside for a few minutes while you are in your own yard.  You'll  need to do the same when you are bringing in groceries, getting the mail, taking out garbage, etc. 

Relax.... it will be fine. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • if you're going to be fairly close to the house I would recommend just taking the monitor with you while LO is sleeping.  I would also recommend if you can, having a friend watch the dog for the first week or so.  You will be pretty sore and walking the dog is going to most likely be the last thing you want to do or think about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS spent most of the first couple of months in the Ergo anyway. I'd recommend wearing your baby during your walk. That way he'll stay all nice and toasty too.
  • mrgnmrgn member
    All of the above! You'll figure out what works best for you! GL!
  • imageblondnearby:
    if you're going to be fairly close to the house I would recommend just taking the monitor with you while LO is sleeping.  I would also recommend if you can, having a friend watch the dog for the first week or so.  You will be pretty sore and walking the dog is going to most likely be the last thing you want to do or think about.

This.  Especially for the first week.  Hopefully the dog isn't too high maintenance, because it will need to take a back burner to baby once you give birth to LO.  I have a lab who is very high maintenance but my family helped me entertain him/exercise him, etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I suggest a good baby carrier/sling.  The Mody saved the day many times when I had to go searching for our dog that kept jumping the fence.  I liked that LO was so bundled up in the Moby and completely covered while I could also throw an extra blanket over him along with my jacket (it was the middle of a snow storm). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"