Babies: 0 - 3 Months

1st time Moms- Question-When will be the 1st time you go out without baby?

My DH posed this question to me tonight. My baby is almost 2 weeks and the idea of leaving him for almost anything still seems to soon. I am probably being overprotective and wasn't thinking that I would be but here I am! Anyone else feel like this? When do you plan on going or have gone out?

Re: 1st time Moms- Question-When will be the 1st time you go out without baby?

• We went to a MLB game 2 hours away when she was a month old. Do you have someone you trust completely to watch your LO?

My mom watched her, so that was the only way I was remotely comfortable with leaving her. We were gone for like 8 hours.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband and I have an evening work event to go to in June - DD will be 7 weeks old and we are leaving her for a few hours with DH's parents.  I wish we didn't have to go but even though I'll still be on maternity leave they really want me there!  After that our anniversary is the end of June so she'll be with DH's parents again then.  We're looking forward to it though - it will be nice to spend a little time out of the house for a nice dinner:-)
  • Loading the player...
  • We did a date night when LO was 1 month. It was only dinner and we left her with my parents only 15 minutes away. 
  • we went to a wedding at 3 weeks.
  • We went to the movies when she was 3 weeks. It felt weird and I missed her terribly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am going on a movie date with my friends this weekend, but DH will be home with her. We probably wont spend time away from her until July 4th weekend when we attend a golf tournament. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks so that will be the first time besides going to work for a few hours. I was going to take LO but I am going to leave her with my parents. My DH is in wedding so he won't be of much help that night.
  • Soon! We are dying to go out, we just haven't yet. I think next weekend we will have a lunch date or something (I have to go to bed too early, when LO goes to bed, for us to have a dinner date yet).
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ka2shazka2shaz member
    We left our daughter for 2.5 hours when she was 8 days old. She was at home with her nanny and our baby nurse while we were only 15 minutes away. We are also going on our first date night tomorrow night when she will be 15 days. She will be at home with the baby nurse.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We just went and stayed at the IL's for a few days and DH and I went out to the store for maybe an hour.  This week we'll be leaving him alone on Thursday and Saturday nights for DH's brother's rehearsal dinner and then wedding.  My mom will be staying with him and I just worry that she won't be able to calm/soothe him. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Our anniversary is on the 13th so maybe then. DH is the one who is actually nervous about it. We're going to try to get DH's mom to come to our house to watch him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have gone out many times. I actually have therapy for 1.5 hours every week plus 3 hours of working out. My SILs, best friend, mom, or MIL usually watches the twins while I am gone. It's not very long. At first, it was hard leaving them but I am so used to it now. It's only with people I trust really well, though.
  • adcffaaadcffaa member
    11 weeks and I've only left her for 20 mins but even then she was only 20 or so yards away. I have a feeling I'll be starting kindergarten again in a few years haha.
  • My Mom is always around to help with him and even my husband could watch him while I go out but for me I still feel guilty. Tomorrow is our first day out just me and my son for a doc appt and BRU.
  • adcffaaadcffaa member
    I think my problem is I only trust DH and myself to be with her for long periods of time because I know the parenting techniques of the ones around me and don't agree with them.
  • Not a first time mom, nut we left DD for the first time when she was just over a month old. DH and I went to dinner for my bday and MIL watched her at our house. We were gone less than 2 hours.

this time around I left DS with MIL when he was 2 weeks so that I could go to the Dr. For an incision check. Well be leaving both kids when DS is a month old to go to dinner for out anniversary. My Dad and Step-mom will watch them at our house.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD is almost 5 weeks old and DH and I have been on 3 dates and I also left her for a few hours to run some errands. DH and I both have family within 5 miles of us (my parents live next door) and they have been super helpful. SIL watches DD on Tuesdays for 2 hrs, my mom comes once a week for a couple of hours, and MIL comes once or twice a week for 2 or 3 hrs. Whenever they come I can choose to nap, do things around the house, go out and run errands, or if DH is off work- we can go out. I think I'd be losing my mind if I didn't have those times of relief. And it's never been an issue for me to leave DD. She's colicky and I am usually relieved to get out of the house. I do miss her, but not in a "get my back home to see my baaaaby!" way. Wink
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • That didn't totally answer the question though, huh? Lol. DH and I went on our first date away from her at 10 days.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • we went out this past saturday without him for the first time. 
  • I went out when DS was two weeks old.  Just for quick trips to the store a couple of times.  My MIL was in town visiting and she watched him while I was gone and DH and FIL were refinishing the deck.  I completely trust her, though, because she used to be an L&D nurse back in the day and is great with babies. 

image image
  • DD was 2 weeks old when I left her with my Dad while my Mom and I ran errands.  We were gone for about 3 hours.  The fact that she was with my Dad made things much easier, so I'll advise you have a family member handling the sitting on the first time and keep it short.  But, you'll be able to build up after that and you'll be thankful for the free time in the long run.  GL!

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• I went out at about 5 weeks without LO, but left her home with DH.  I have no idea when DH and I will get a night out without her--mostly because we don't have anyone we trust to watch her at this point
  • I went out for about an hour when he was 2 weeks old. I run errands sometimes by myself and SO watches him.
  • Depends on what you qualify as leaving them.  At 2 weeks I went to a doc appoint and was gone maybe 2 hours.  This week I left her with DH an hour to go grocery shop and make a Walmart run.  Thursday I'm going to a movie with friends while DH watches her, Sunday DH and I are seeing Iron Man 2 while my mom watches her.  I do get anxious, but I also want her comfortable being away from me when I go back to work.

As for overnight that will be awhile.  DH and I are looking at a long weekend OOT in February when she's 9 mos - my parents would watch her.  We'll see how that goes!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• we went out when DD was 5 days old.
  • imageadcffaa:
    I think my problem is I only trust DH and myself to be with her for long periods of time because I know the parenting techniques of the ones around me and don't agree with them.

This.  My MIL is visiting in July and there is no way I am leaving her alone with my son.  As it is, DH and I get plenty of time to ourselves - we work across the street from each other, and have lunch together every work day.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageJamieS2006:
    imageadcffaa:

This.  My MIL is visiting in July and there is no way I am leaving her alone with my son.  As it is, DH and I get plenty of time to ourselves - we work across the street from each other, and have lunch together every work day.

if you both work outside the home, though, don't you have someone you trust to watch LO? Or did I misunderstand that statement.

• We were going to go out this weekend to see Iron Man 2, but it didn't work out.  We were doing a babysitting trade with friends of ours who have a 3 year old...we'd watch him so they could see the movie, and then they'd take care of DS so we could see the movie.  Unfortunately, their son got sick, so we didn't want to chance exposing our DS to him.  We'll probably try again this next weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"