Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How often does your LO fall/tumble/hit their head?

My LO started crawling and pulling to a stand about two weeks ago and has hit his head a number of times already.  About 90% of the times, I will be right there with him, he just falls too quickly.  I'm feeling overwhelmed.  We have hardwood floors with some carpet and foam mats down but it's still a tough area.  I struggle between wanting to let him crawl on things and pull up on things to learn and get stronger but he keeps hurting himself!  He is super active and I think he might just try to do too much, too fast.  I just feel like I'm doing a horrible job.

Re: How often does your LO fall/tumble/hit their head?

• Don't feel bad, every baby takes tumbles early on.  We have hardwood floors as well and I am all over DD like white on rice but she still manages to fall backwards or sideways, she usually cries for a minute, I don't think she is hurt just got startled.  I am sure this is a phase that will pass and we will be on to worrying about something else...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    G also hits her head a good bit. She tries to sit up in her crib when she is too tired and falls and hits her head on the railings. She has also hit her head a couple times on the hw floors or her leap frog table. So far she has only gotten one tiny bump, but I am sure it is the first of many to come.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"