Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sex question

Would you have unprotected sex on the last day of your placebo pill before starting your new pack?

These things never crossed my mind before I got pregnant and had a baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sex question

• Options
    Not if I didn't want a baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nope, definitely not ready for #2.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageAMYfromKY:
    Not if I didn't want a baby.
    this
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    This may be dumb..but I thought that once you have been on BC pills for a month then you are protected?? Tongue Tied
  • Options

imagefirst-time-mama:
    This may be dumb..but I thought that once you have been on BC pills for a month then you are protected?? Tongue Tied

You can still get pregnant when taking the pill if you take just one pill at a different time of day then all the others. It's only highly effective if you take it correctly.

• Options

imagefirst-time-mama:

I went on BC 10 years ago and had been off of it for a year before we TTC.  I honestly don't remember anymore. 

• Options
    LSU628LSU628 member

imagefirst-time-mama:

Me too. Guess I better read the pamphlet better. Embarrassed

imageimage
  • Options
    llyynnllyynn member

If your taking the mini pill then you have to take it at the same time each day.

I would still have sex on the last day of the placebo pill.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelwrigley2000:

imagefirst-time-mama:

You can still get pregnant when taking the pill if you take just one pill at a different time of day then all the others. It's only highly effective if you take it correctly.

No one said anything about not taking it correctly.  If you do take it correctly, you shouldn't ovulate, even during the placebo.  Or maybe I am wrong... who knows.

• Options
    imageLSU628:

imagefirst-time-mama:

Me too. Guess I better read the pamphlet better. Embarrassed

LOL Me too

• Options
    imageAfterAll:
    imagelwrigley2000:

imagefirst-time-mama:

No one said anything about not taking it correctly.  If you do take it correctly, you shouldn't ovulate, even during the placebo.  Or maybe I am wrong... who knows.

Taking it "correctly" is taking it at the same time of day every day of the month.

If you are doing that then no, you shouldn't ovulate so having sex on the last day of your placebo pills shouldn't get you pregnant. But, nothing is 100% effective.

• Options
    imagellyynn:

If your taking the mini pill then you have to take it at the same time each day.

I would still have sex on the last day of the placebo pill.

This is how I understood it.  If taken correctly then you can have sex whenever.  

Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"