1st Trimester
Options

Did your bloat get worse as the 1st tri progressed?

I had very little bloat during my pregnancy with Lyla. I always had a fairly flat stomach, and never looked at all pregnant until I started to show around 18-20 weeks. This time around, my pre-preg weight is the same, but the bloat is ridiculous. We haven't told anyone yet, so I feel like I have to select my outfits very carefully so nothing is too form-fitting.

It occurred to me that if this is an HCG thing, the bloat-bump could get progressively worse over the new few weeks. Which means if I want to keep this a secret, I'm going to have to get creative with my wardrobe.

What was your experience? Bloat get better? Worse? About the same? Definitely not the end of the world either way, mostly just curious...

Re: Did your bloat get worse as the 1st tri progressed?

• Options

From what I understand, it isn't an HCG thing, but instead it's related to elevated levels of Progesterone.

I *think* Progesterone levels decline a little once the placenta takes over, a little later in the first tri, which would account for why your bloating tends to lessen a little --but  then your uterus starts to actually pop out a few weeks later!

• Options
    This bloat is def worse than it was with dd. But I don't know if it's because I've been throwing up so much or what but it was worst for me from the time I got my bfp to Saturday. Then by Sunday my stomach was back to being flat. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My bloat came and went from weeks 5-10. Since I hit 11, I feel back to normal. I was wearing some seriously baggy clothes during those weeks though and it would get particularly bad after I ate a big meal. Good luck hiding it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mchupiemchupie member
    I'm only 8 weeks, but so far my bloat has gotten noticeably bigger with each passing week.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    My bloat has gotten worse with each week and it is definitely worse after meals.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, very bloated over here...I remember this the first time around as well!!!
  • Options
    I had none untill the last 2 days now I can hardly fit in my pants anymore. 
  • Options
    They do say with your second, you show faster, so that could  be it. I am definitely starting to show at 9 weeks, but I am also VERY bloated....so I have combo showing/bloat that I cannot suck in! We've still only told family so there are a few friends who don't know yet. They say the bloat fades as you near into the second tri. I'll keep you posted! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"