Two Under 2

City Select adaptor-not impressed

I received mine today.  I have the Graco Safeseat (which is a pretty big car seat).  I set up the stroller so the car seat is at the top and the Select seat is facing outwards on the bottom which I expect to be my typical set up. 

I had to put the sunshade on the Select seat at the lowest setting just to be able to get the carseat attached.  I actually ended up taking the sunshade off entirely to be able to access the carseat clip in the back (the clip that attaches to the adaptor).  It just seems like the top of the Select seat will hit the carseat no matter what.

Anyone else find this?  I wonder if it's just because my carseat is so big.  I wish I got to try the stroller out instore before buying.  I probably still would have bought it because it will last longer than any other stroller by converting back to a single when the time comes, I'm just not as impressed as I expected.

Re: City Select adaptor-not impressed

• I tested out the stroller in store with the snug ride.  That is a smaller car seat and it was a VERY tight fit.  I didn't need to take the sunshade off but the select seat couldn't recline at all and I'm pretty sure it was touching the car seat.  I did it with the same set up you described - car seat on top and select seat facing out on bottom.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It was tighter than I thought it would be too (I have the chicco 30) I found that the select seat closest to me facing me and then the carseat provided a better fit and more room for both kids. It also steers better with the heavier child closer to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the snugride and its tight, but doable. I have to put the reg seat on first an the adapter ready and in place then add the car seat. I can recline it too, but it take s a little maneuvering. And I have the canopy on the highest setting. 

I dont like how its not a real secure fit, but the straps help. 

I think it may be bc you have the safeseat....I know its longer. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"