January 2011 Moms

How are you going to share the news?

I am having a family BBQ in late June to make the announcement (and just for a family get together) - I should be 11-12 weeks by then and hopefully in the safe zone! I want to tell everyone but in a fun way - how do/did you plan on telling everyone?

My parents and IL's know - it's just really aunts, uncles and cousins who don't know....my DH has a big family so it would be nice to tell them all at once instead of someone feeling "left out" because they found out at a different time....etc

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: How are you going to share the news?

• that will be fun, esp. with everyone around!  i kinda want the opposite--i want to tell my parents first, then head over to DH's and break the news to them.  we have some fun ideas like "future mom, dad, aunt, nana, grandma, etc." buttons and i also made a shirt for my puppy who i'll bring that reads "great danes make great big brothers"  ;)
  • We plan to go to my parents and tell them (got DS a cute Tshirt) and then go to DH's family. After that we will let our close friends and fam know and the rest can fin dout later as it comes up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought "I love grandma" and "I love auntie" bibs and gave them to my in-laws at seperate times (parents first). My family lives in another state and i'm sending my brother and SIN homemade t-shirts for my niece and nephew that say "Future big cousin" and "Big counsin to-be". I'm hoping they follow up the package with a phone call. I'm not sending them for a couple weeks though.

:) Friends -- I'll just tell them!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers www.theartlips.blogspot.com
  • One of the ideas we're tossing around (which will really work for you, I think) is to gather everyone together for a group photo, then say something like "1, 2, 3... everybody say Rochell and DH are having a baby".  That way you get everyone's reaction on film.  If we do this, we're probably going to video record it instead of actually taking a still photo.  I'd be worried that we wouldn't snap the photo at the exact right moment.  

Other than that, I've got nothing!  GL with coming up with something! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    blog : us doing things
    | married : 08.06.05 | sweet isla mae arrived : 01.15.11 |
  • image...heather...:

One of the ideas we're tossing around (which will really work for you, I think) is to gather everyone together for a group photo, then say something like "1, 2, 3... everybody say Rochell and DH are having a baby".  That way you get everyone's reaction on film.  If we do this, we're probably going to video record it instead of actually taking a still photo.  I'd be worried that we wouldn't snap the photo at the exact right moment.  

Other than that, I've got nothing!  GL with coming up with something! 

I like it! I might just use it Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • image...heather...:

One of the ideas we're tossing around (which will really work for you, I think) is to gather everyone together for a group photo, then say something like "1, 2, 3... everybody say Rochell and DH are having a baby".  That way you get everyone's reaction on film.  If we do this, we're probably going to video record it instead of actually taking a still photo.  I'd be worried that we wouldn't snap the photo at the exact right moment.  

hear this idea alot and love it... would never use myself; i just know someone would like throw up after i said that haha..

• We're going to FL in two weeks to visit my dad and sibs. My sibs know already, but I'm surprising my dad when I get there with our u/s pic.

For all other family (extended) we will just call or send an email.

For friends I'm sure they'll just hear through word of mouth.

My H's parents, my mom and my bestie already know. But it was hard to hide considering our path to conceive. 

• I got some cards from GreetingCardUniverse, and I hope to put a printout of our first US in them when we present it to our parents.

First visit (and I think US) is Next Friday, then we plan to go to my hometown the next weekend and reveal to my mom, dad and stepparents all together. The next week H's parents come up to visit, so we may wait and do it in person then... haven't quite decided.

As it is, waiting a whole week after our appt is probably going to be the death of me, I've already almost told my mom a dozen times.

• With my parents, we showed them the u/s pic and said that we had someone we'd like for them to meet. With MIL, we wrote a message in her belated mother's day card (she has been out of the country) and then let her react and tell FIL. For the sibs and extended family, my hope is to hold out until the 4th of July huge family event and wear belly-revealing clothing and show and tell. But, I'll only be, what, 13-14 weeks then. So, that might not work in which case we will just tell.
  • I have the CUTEST maternity short.. it's got a baby side kicking in the womb (cafeexpress.com) I'm gonna wear it to the dojang one night to tell all the people we train with.?
  • I have some social anxiety problems.  The idea of announcing it in any way at all makes me want to throw up.  I have no idea why.  My mom already knows, and as soon as I give her the green light, she will happily call EVERYONE in the family and tell.  That works for me, and in fact, that's how word spread that I was engaged.  For DH's family, I think DH will tell his mom and siblings.  As for friends, the ones who don't know will find out via word of mouth, I'm sure. 

Not fun, or cute, or creative, but ah well.  That's what we'll do.  

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• We have slowly told a few people, but next up is the rest of our siblings.  (A few know by accident and necessity)  On H's side, we will be giving our nephews their first cousin.  They don't have any 1st cousins on either side.  So we are going to make them little shirts that say "I'm going to be a cousin!"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am not into doing the big group thing either. I will probably just send out a mass email with a link to the article where DH outed us or a pic of DS is in a "Big Brother" t-shirt. Other than my paternal grandfather, I've told everyone I feel obligated to tell in person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"