Upstate NY Babies
Options

i hate not being able to predict the future...

I wish I had a little crystal  ball so I could see when Ethan would be ready for a bed.  (i'd like to know a lot more but I'd settle for this right now).  The topic of converstaion at our house is  a crib for Sophia.  I plan on her sleeping in our room for about 4 months then moving her to her crib.  I know that things can change and she need to go sooner.  I just don't want to buy a crib for her and then ethan be out of his crib the next day.  I feel really bad that we haven't started setting up a room for her.  I know we can go to BRU and bring home a crib the same day so it really isn't that big of a deal.  I'm just a planner and want to start getting her nursery together.

Re: i hate not being able to predict the future...

• Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    Although a tough call, my guess is probably sooner than you think. I thought that Ian would never show signs of being ready, but a couple months ago my mom put him in a twin bed at their house because he had definitely outgrown the pnp. He hopped in with no problem and slept all night (I think he even slept later than he does at home) and his nap the next day. So, he was about 21 or 22 months? We just converted his crib this weekend. As I was reading the instructions, I realized we had kept him in there way past the height allowance for the crib. Oops. If you want to set Sophia's room up soon, you can always talk it up to Ethan how he's going to get a Big Boy Room with a Big Boy Bed. That may get him excited and make the transition easier.
  • Options
    Hmm.. yeah.. thats tricky.. I wonder if there is a crib you could just borrow for sophia (or ethan) if you need it? I can't imagine Eve being not in a crib at this point or 4 months from now, but I guess if you keep Sophia in your room for 4 months, E would be 2 by then.. he MIGHT be ready.. or not..
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that by the time Sophia is ready to "move out" Ethan will be ready. Most people I know moved at 2yrs.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"