Pre-School and Daycare
Options

POLL-what curriculum does DC's preschool follow?

I'm a preschool teacher in a public school(I teach in an urban district and we have a public preschool program)    Our district uses the Creative Curriculum.   

DS most likely won't be starting school until Sept 2011 but I've started to make a list of possible schools.   The one on the top of my list also follows the Creative Curriculum according to their website.   

What curriculum does your DC's school follow?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: POLL-what curriculum does DC's preschool follow?

• Options

I have no idea what the "name" of it is, but the preschool we attend follows a learning through socialization concept.

I am not an educator, but really LOVE our preschool and my girls are thriving there. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They don't really.  DD will be in pre-k.  We have public pre-k here, but I think it has a lot of wasted time, it is 6.5 hours a day, so basically daycare and they spend more than 1/2 that time eating and resting.  DD will go 3 hours a day, but all that time is spent on activities, though there is some playground time, which I think is good, with only one snack.  Not breakfast, snack, lunch, and "rest time".   This is the philosophy.  It is generally considered a very good school and is associated with an excellent University.

"School was founded on the premise that a child?s self-esteem is the most important priority.  Curriculum is based on developmentally appropriate practices, and strives to foster mutual respect, cooperation, and responsibility.  Our goal is to encourage internal controls for appropriate conduct, to affirm feelings, but clearly define boundaries and encourage respectful behavior.  This has been our philosophy for more than fifty years, and it still remains our primary goal. 

Building on whole language, classroom environments are stimulating while de-emphasizing competition.  It is our hope that children will feel affirmation, acceptance, and freedom to grow into their potential in comfortable surroundings.  Because of our low teacher/child ratio (1-9 for Pre-K), attention is given to physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth for each child.  We want children to feel competent and confident within a group and to have fun learning and relating to others.  We believe children learn best through play."

• Options
    DS's preschool uses the Creative Curriculum as well as Handwriting without Tears and Jolly Phonics.
  • Options
    DD is in a Reggio Emilia-inspired school.  So it's totally child-led.  They determine what they want to learn and how.  Teachers are primarally facilitators/documentors.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    None-other than Montessori
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • Options
    It was High Reach Learning for toddlers up until now.  He just started in the 3K room today, and they follow A BEKA starting at 3K.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"