TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Am I really the ONLY one who thought "Fvck you"

when Celine Dion announced her pregnancy?

I am officially the ass_hole of the century.

Re: Am I really the ONLY one who thought "Fvck you"

• I'm happy for them because I know they struggled a lot.  But, I still think, boy that sucks for me.
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • I actually really like her so it didn't bother me.  I love that she is so open about her IF and IVF too.  She is far from a FH so the announcement is much easier to take.  If she can do it at 42, then I can do it 39.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Scout05Scout05 member

You make excellent points.

I am still a bitter betty about the whole thing.

• I don't blame you at all.  Hearing announcements is never fun, but we are going to making those announcements for ourselves soon enough.

• I saw that yesterday and thought, "Oh great, another one."
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • imagerjl07:
    I love that she is so open about her IF and IVF too.

This. 

I don't like her music, I think her husband is creeeepy, and her personality annoys the_shit out of me. 

HOWEVER, because she was so open about her IVF and the heartbreak of IF, it makes me happy for her. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This was my first thought.... "Man, they got KU before us too...." 
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Well, I didn't think those words exactly but I definitely wasn't thrilled. I mean come on, her husband is almost 70!
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageambrandau2:

You make excellent points.

I am still a bitter betty about the whole thing.

You're not the only bitter betty.  I am too.  

• I think I'm genuinly happy for her, but it has a lot to do with her being so open about IF.

Better her than an Olsen twin or something, right?

• I thought the Exact. Same. Thing.

I don't know why exactly. Guess I'm just a B. 

• I was happy for her. She's been so honest about her struggles--and have you read some of the things people write about her in response? That she should give up, she and her husband aren't meant to have any more kids, that they should trust in "God's time," that they're selfish for not adopting.

I'm glad to see her prevail over all that nonsense. And I figure if it can happen for her it can happen for me.

BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• It might be awful but I was pissed. And felt worse for myself.
    >Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought the same thing once I heard she was having twins. Part of it's due to being completely bitter right now because it seems like everyone is having twins.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"