Two Under 2

Love my Baby Jogger single - now double?

Hi ladies - I've been struggling and need some opinions.  Unfortunately, cost isn't helpful as I've found a fabulous deal on the more expensive stroller making it only an additional $30.  So, I'm trying to decide what's best for us.

We currently have both the Baby Jogger City Mini and City Elite Sport in the single version.  Now that we're in need of a double, I'm torn between the Mini and the Elite Sport.  I recognize that the ES is heavier and a bit bigger but cannot decide if the other features make it worth it.  Also, DH is concerned that with the added weight of two passengers we may miss the larger air-filled wheels if we were to go with the mini.

Does anyone here have either of these that can offer any opinions?

Re: Love my Baby Jogger single - now double?

• I have the City Mini Double and I love it! For me, weight was very important and the main reason I went with this stroller. I've only used it a few times, and the weight of my newborn doesn't make difference at this point, but I am very happy with our purchase.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also love our City Mini double! We now have a total of 47 lbs of baby in it and it's still very easy to push and steer. I never really looked into the Elite though b/c of cost at the time, so I'm not sure how it compares.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm debating between the city mini double and the indie twin.  I also have the city mini single and LOVE it but I think bigger tires would come in handy - especially once DS gets older and isn't in a stroller much he'll still be in one when we do stroller strides and walk out dog.

I'm pretty sure the Elite double is 47 lbs!  That is WAY to heavy to be lugging in and out of the car.  I just want one every day double. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • CMM05CMM05 member

I just got the City Mini double on Friday and I LOVE it! I cannot say enough about this stroller :)

I have a Chicco Discovery single and a Maclaren Quest single.......this double is amazing.

I honestly think the City Mini is lighter than my single Chicco.

The canopies are VERY sturdy and huge (the cover so much area).

It folds so easily and I can almost put it in the back of my SUV with one hand. I am SO impressed.

I waited to get my double b/c I couldn't make a decision......I looked at tons and for the price, this stroller is truly worth the $$$.

You will not regret it :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have an Elite as well and have really struggled over which to get in a double (the Elite or the Mini). I honestly do not enjoy having to lug the Elite in and out all the time (it's our everything stroller) so am not that excited about how I'm going to manage the double. However, the Elite's features are fab and we really do need the AT tires so I'm giving it a whirl. Plus, we're so used to using the kickplate, love that the handle is adjustable (DD loves pushing it, too, when I adjust it all the way down lol), and really feel spoiled with the magnetic canopy closures.

If I just can not manage, or it simply doesn't fit in out trunk, we'll return it or sell it for close to what we paid and get teh mini double I guess but we couldn't find an Elite double to see in person anywhere so we're going this route for now.

GL in your decision!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"