1st Trimester

PSA: Target Registries

Hello ladies. I am 36 weeks along and I thought I would pass this tidbit onto you because I wish someone had to me!

1) If you can help it, don't register at Target. They have awful customer service and even worse return policies. Its just not worth it.

2) For whatever reason, if you DO register at Target, call the 1-800 number at the top of your registry printout AS SOON AS YOU REGISTER and make sure you are "opted in" to the completion coupon. They don't give you an option to opt in or out when you register, so when you figure out at the very end that you aren't its a major PITA! Also, make your due date a month earlier than it really is on the registry because they don't send your completion coupon until 4 weeks after your due date, or "event date" in Target lingo.

Hope this helps some of you and best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PSA: Target Registries

• Thank you for posting this!  I have heard from many friends what a horrible return policy they have, but was still considering using it because it's so darn convenient.  This just gives me more reasons to stay away. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hate to tell you, but BRU is just as bad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • I didnt' have any problems with Target's registry and I got my completion coupon at 36 weeks.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Maybe I'm just dense... what is a completion coupon?
  • I actually had a completely different experience than the OP, and I would recommend registering at Target.   I had no problems with customer service, or returning anything,  and I received my completion coupon over 2 weeks ago. (I am also 36 weeks).

Maybe it depends on your individual store?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It's worth registering even just for the coupons and completion coupon =D
  • Target was terrible with our wedding registry for the reasons you describe and there is no way that we would ever register with them.

Person who asked about the store policies--they have a company-wide policy. If you had every gift receipt, return is a breeze. But, if not-- they severely limit what you can return then they blackball your driver's license for a year. To get credit from the few things you are allowed to return they made us pick things in the same section of the aisle. So, when registry didn't update and we got two dish-drying racks (we got loads of doubles from Target and it would say wanted:1 received:2) then we could only pick something new from right around the dish rack section because of their aisle coding system. Then, we got the completion coupon 90 days after the wedding, after Target pulled down our registry!

• Target was AWFUL with my wedding registry. There customer service is awful and I remember standing at the return counter with receipts for 10 items and they would only take 2 back. Apparently, Target stopped carrying a certain brand of pots and pans and wouldn't take my return because they weren't going to carry them anymore. I was so angry. How was I supposed to know that when I registered 2 months before. They made me feel like I was a bad person for trying to return items. So...do to limited stores in my area...I might still have to register at Target for the baby and I am already dreading it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP Oct. 2010-MC & D&C Dec. 2010 BFP March 2011-Cooper born Dec. 6, 2011 weighing 9 lbs 1/2 oz. Suprise BFP May 27th 2012 - Sawyer born Jan. 20, 2013 weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"