Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

HELP! Need advice NOW!

Charlotte just faceplanted and cut somewhere in her mouth. Lost LOTS of blood but the bleeding has stopped. Her top right lip is swollen but she won't let us look in there. What should we look for or do now? She had motrin earlier this afternoon for teething pains.
Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015

Re: HELP! Need advice NOW!

• Gina418Gina418 member
    My ds has fallen and cut his lips/gums numerous times lately. I don't think there's much you can do. Wait a little bit, when she's calmer, and take a look (make sure she didn't knock a tooth loose). Other than that, as long as the bleeding has stopped and she doesn't seem to be in pain, there's nothing you can really do.
  • I'd take a cheese cloth and just see if any of her teeth are loose.  If not, you're good to go.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS went through a couple weeks of doing this (once pierced straight through his lip!).  Ditto to just waiting to see how her teeth are and investigate later tonight or tomorrow.  I'd also give her some "Tylenol" before bed if it looks really bad.  DS seemed to like a cold rag to suck on since he wouldn't let us hold anything cold to his lip.
  • Ok, she still has all teeth. Looks like it's the skin between her top teeth - I don't know how she cuts it right there.

She's not drinking anything and won't suck on anything cold. She is supposed to eat dinner soon, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully she will drink something before bed, and yes, we will do Tylenol next.

Thank you!

Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • Check his teeth as best you can...and then since youve already used motron id use some tylonol. A does this all the time, more now than ever since the new house has all wood floors!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"