Breastfeeding
Options

1 month Old...Latching..Pulling off...red face...grunting....some crying???

ok I know ya'll will have some great advice for me!!! :)

So we haev been having some great feeds, decent sleep patterns (2-3 hrs between feeds at night) 1-2 hrs between feeds during the day...

But the last few days my LO when she;s hungry will get ready to latch, I'll push her twords my nipple and she'll get red in the face frustrated cry a little bit....and shimmy down the nipple and I'll put her back on...time and time again...then she'll get tired and it is a very small feed....anyone had similar experiences?? I haven't consulted a LC yet, and haven't felt the need to as this is just something random but she's done it now 3 days in a row, and then we'll have totally normal feeds....??

all advice appreciated! :)

*Life is a journey,so enjoy the ride*

Re: 1 month Old...Latching..Pulling off...red face...grunting....some crying???

• Options
    You might have a forceful let down phase that causes her to choke a bit or an oversupply issue.
  • Options

This may be a stupid question but: are you sure she's hungry?

Every baby is different, but feeding every 1-2 hours all day seems like a little more than average.  Perhaps she's ready to start stretching out a little bit and so she's not as good at latching b/c she doesn't really "want it."

Then again I could be totally off - you know your baby and her hunger cues.  I'm just a random stranger on the internet. :-)  Just had a thought, and wanted to share it!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ME TOO!  i am having the hardest time with our 1 month old because he gets so frantic and latches and unlatches over and over again and gets so red faced and grunts and shakes all around trying to latch on again.  he hasn't always done this...  it only happens sometimes, but when it does, it makes the feeding session SO hard.  i'd love to hear advice about this too.
  • Options
    I have this problem when my breasts are full of milk.  It seems like DS is getting too much too fast.  I normally let him go on and off for a little until he is comfortable and then he will latch on for a good 20 mins or more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So nice to be able to discuss some ideas and such!! I appreciate all of the advice and nice to know there is always someone else going through the same thing! I've been paying a lot more attention to the forceful let down and trying to express some more milk before she latches sometimes this helps- and as far as knowing if she is hungry I am pretty sure whenever I pay attention to her cues that it is always a hunger cue, of course if she isn't rutting or sucking smacking her lips I just offer it to her again once she seems more interested and tells me she is hungry :) Hope everyone is having a good day!  Any more tips and tricks for this issue please send them over!!
    *Life is a journey,so enjoy the ride*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"