2nd Trimester
Options

any tips for my dog??

i have a 18 mth old neutered english bulldog.... whos the worlds greatest dog!! i know they recommend to bring home the hat of the baby while still at the hospital, but is there anything we could do to get my pup used to the idea BEFORE the baby is born??

someone suggested playing baby sounds from youtube or where ever to get him used to crying....

Re: any tips for my dog??

• Options
    We let her smell all of the baby stuff and hang out in the baby's room as we got it ready, then DH brought home a swaddle blanket from the hospital that smelled like DD and she slept with it. My dog really had no problem adjusting to the baby though. Our dog (who is a hyper, crazy puggle) is great with DD.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've heard about wearing baby lotion around your pet, letting them sniff you, and giving them treats/ praise so they associate the smell with good stuff. Not sure if this works but it's worth a shot !

We have three adult cats and I'm curious to see how they'll react. My guess -- one will be super curious and friendly, one will clean the baby (she cleans us!) and the third will hide.

• Options

We're going to be setting up the various baby items as soon as we get them so that Turtle can sniff them out and get used to them being in the house.  We'll also try walking with her with the stroller once we get that since I know she doesn't like walking beside me when I'm pushing a bicycle, so I'm assuming she may have a similar hesitance around a stoller.

We're also solidifying her training so that she will act immediately, which she's now sometimes a little hesitant at.  She's already pretty good with hand signals, but we'll be also working on her hand signal vocabulary so that I don't have to raise my voice to command her.

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"