2nd Trimester

City Dwellers - Stroller Question

My DH and I are considering our stroller options.  As we live in a city, we just don't think that the regular stroller system is going to work for us.  We mainly take public transportation.  If we do drive, most of the parking is parallel parking, so getting a whole big stroller out of the trunk would be really difficult.  I'd love to know what you think about our solution:

Bob Stroller with Car Seat Attachment for daily walks around our neighborhood - to the park, coffee shops, etc.

"Wearing" the baby until the baby gets big enough for an umbrella stroller for trips by car or public transportation.  

Are we missing something by not getting the regular stroller system?   

Re: City Dwellers - Stroller Question

• I'd look into the Baby Jogger City Mini, we're going to use it as our umbrella stroller(Uppababy Vista for our regular) and you can use it from birth up.  It's smaller, folds up the easiest/quickest I've seen and gets rave reviews from everyone.  We'll be traveling quite a bit with baby(starting around 8 weeks) and this will be our go-to for travel, they also have a carseat adaptor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've never missed not having a stroller system!

We lived in a college town when DS was born, but mainly walked everywhere, so not much different than we're living now (completely car-free). Anyhoo, we wore him when we went out until he was about five months, and then got a Phil and Ted Sport. It's a good stroller, but isn't great on public transportation. It's about 20 lbs, and we fit it in the trunk of a compact car the last time we rented one, so it probaby wouldn't be too hard to fit in a trunk. (I think its biggest advantage for city living is that you can get a second seat that fits behind the main one so it's a double, but not any wider than a single stroller.)

We ended up buying a Maclaren Triumph for DS last summer, bc it's 10 lbs and folds up really compact, so it's perfect for public transportation. I did pretty much wear him on the bus and train until he was about 18+ months, until he was big enough to walk to close bus stops on his own. hth!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • We're planning on using slings until she is old enough for the umbrella stroller.

Then again, this is our first child, so we don't really know what will work best. If we find ourselves pining for a larger stroller, we'll get one, but we aren't going to start out with one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"