Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

If your LO drinks juice

Sorry to be a post hog, but we just got back from vacation, so I'm catching up on the Nest. 

LO used to HATE juice. We would try to give him juice when he was constipated (before we started the daily Miralax) per the pedi's suggestion, and he wouldn't even take one sip. Then he got sick two weeks ago and was barely eating. One night DH gave him some juice, and he chugged it. Now, it's always, "more juice peez!"

Since he's never really been much of a juice drinker until very recently, I'm not sure how much to let him drink a day. I've been giving him the Gerber toddler juice that has 40 percent less sugar.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If your LO drinks juice

• Our company says no more than 8 oz. per day, so that's two juice boxes for my DS. We use juicy juice.
  • We give DD the smaller boxes of Juice Juice.  She normally get one every few days.  She would drink juice all day long if we let her.  But I try to limit it so it's more of a "treat" than an every day thing for her. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think my pedi says no more than 4-6 oz/day.  We give DD 4 oz/day of calcium fortified OJ since she is allergic to dairy.  Other than that she drinks water.
  • We give him 100% Apple juice 75% diluted once a day.  So he gets around 4 oz I think.  He also gets Chocolate milk so he gets a good amount of sugar a day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • TheBubTheBub member
    DS gets about 6 oz of juice about 5 times a week.  We do not dilute it because he only gets V8 Fusion. 

• we use juicy juice or gerber 100% juice, no added sugar.  she gets a cup everyday for daycare but its probably 60-70% water.
  • DD usually drinks water w/ a splash of some kind of juicy juice. I do give her the fruitables juice boxes sometimes too. She loves those and there is a full serving of fruit and vegetables in every juice box.
  • Our pedis recommend up to 6 oz/day diluted. I usually open a small bottle once/week and give it to her overy 2-3 days.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"