High-Risk Pregnancy

Went to L&D and the craziest thing happened

So last night I posted because I was back and forth as to weather or not to call my doctor which I did and he asked DH to take my blood pressure and it was HIGH so he told me to lay on my right side and take it again it was still high but not as high as the first time and the doctor already knew that I have had some issues and I was taking my urine test that morning so he made me go to L&D and get checked out. I went in at about 2:20 am and got into a gown and hooked up to the monitor and BP machine and L&D only had one person in there other than me so they got to me pretty quick. The nurses were amazed at how red I was and even more shocked when I told them I wasn't out for even 2 hours and we were all laughing about that and the fact that DH forced me in a wheel chair which wasn't necessary. My nurse took blood and got my urine first and then once those test came back my doctor would decide as to if I should stay or not and the weirdest thing; PROTEIN TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE AND MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS AT A GOOD POINT THE ENTIRE TIME!! I was shocked because I've been doing so much for those 2 problems that when they were okay I was happy and relieved since we've been praying about that too and my blood work came back good so we were out by 4:30am. I'm still having to do my urine test and keep my Wednesday visit and all that but I'm very happy that LO and I are okay!

Re: Went to L&D and the craziest thing happened

• Sounds like a lot of anxiety to me. I'm an RN and it really sounds like you may need some relaxation time. ;)

But that's awesome that no protein in your urine and BP was fine...

• isn't it wierd how our bodies do that?!? I'm so glad you went on though, I never second guess my body...I'd rather go and be told I'm fine than second guess and then something be terribly wrong!!! I hope you're feeling better.

BTW, I'm jealous you have a tan (or soon to be tanned hehe)...this mama is soooo pale No

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"