January 2011 Moms

Hello!

Hello everyone!  This is my first post and I just wanted to say Hi to everyone(=  I haven't gotten all the tickers and abbreviations down yet, but I'm working on it.  This is my second baby, and we are very excited.  I am a little worried though because when I called to set up my first appointment they set me out to where by my calculation I will be at 12 weeks.  They didn't ask when my last period was or anything they just said, "oh you just got a postive test, ok we are going to set you out about 6 weeks."  Is that normal?  I know I went in at around 8 weeks last time, so I'm wondering if I should call back and try to schedule for an earlier appointment?

Re: Hello!

• Congrats and welcome to the board. It's not unusual to have a first appointment that late, but it is very weird that they didn't even inquire how far along you are. I might call in and ask about that, it can't hurt. 
    DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13
  • Congrats and welcome!  I agree that it pretty typical to not have an appointment until that late.  Welcome to the board!
    *DS born at 31 weeks due to pPROM- November 2010-our little miracle! 

*TFAS since May 2014 
    *Early miscarriage-Sept 2014

• Loading the player...
  • akimoakimo member
    Welcome!  I wouldn't worry about having such a late appointment.  I have to wait until 13 weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mchupiemchupie member

Welcome and congrats!  That seems a little strange to me, why didn't you tell her your LMP?  I think I would have insisted.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Congrats and welcome! Sometimes it depends on the doc, you can call and ask for an earlier one they may only schedule them for 12 weeks. You won't know until you ask. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months.
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • imageakimo:
    Welcome!  I wouldn't worry about having such a late appointment.  I have to wait until 13 weeks!

Well this makes me feel better.(=  I should have told them when my LMP was when they didn't ask, but when I called I was all excited and didn't think about it untill after I was off the phone. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"