Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Girls Bathing Suit Ideas?

I have been looking for bathing suits for DD.  I waited until now because she's growing so fast that I would have had no idea what size to have bought her (she's 6 months and I would need to buy a 9 month bathing suit). 

Unfortunately, I am not into the 2 piece bathing suits for infants.  Something about them just doesn't sit well with me (but that is my opinion).  So... I've been looking for some cute decently priced 1 pieces and it seems to be an impossible task.  I'm not finding much.

Any suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Girls Bathing Suit Ideas?

• Liss_37Liss_37 member

Old Navy has some really cute ones that look kind of like mini wetsuits.. some also have built in UV protection. They're great!

eta: baby gap has some cute 1 piece girls from 14.99

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• imagelisswastaken:
    Old Navy has some really cute ones that look kind of like mini wetsuits.. some also have built in UV protection. They're great!

I always forget about Old Navy!  Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • there's tons of one pieces at walmart and target too. oh and there is some cute ones at the childrens place.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • 2 pieces dont have to be bikini's. You might want to consider tankinis for ease of diaper changes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • lynseflynsef member
    BRU also has some cute one piece/tankinis and they are buy 1 get 1 1/2 off.
  • I got one from target for $8, its a yellow and white stripped with ruffles on the butt, I bought it in 12 months and its a little to big but works perfectly! She used it for the first time yesterday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechelsearenee:
    2 pieces dont have to be bikini's. You might want to consider tankinis for ease of diaper changes.

This is actually what I started to lean towards after doing a massive search.  LOL.  After looking at hundreds of one pieces the diaper change factor jumped in my head... lol... this was much easier before it got warm out!

Thanks for the input ladies.  I am looking at all that you mentioned now! 

• I went with this one:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3873131

And also ordered a water shirt as well.  Pool is ordered.  Bathing suit is ordered!  I can't wait to until it's all here and I can see her in her little bathing suit in her cute little pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Big Smile

• I recommend the rash guard tops. I think target has some.  Less lotion you have to put on them.  My DD is in a 12 month suit that is a little big but the 6 month one is tight.  She fits in 6 month clothes fine. Just suggesting if you want it to last all summer might get larger.

• imagesnowbrdchic1:
    I got one from target for $8, its a yellow and white stripped with ruffles on the butt, I bought it in 12 months and its a little to big but works perfectly! She used it for the first time yesterday!

This was L's first bathing suit and it is sooo cute! She wore it at 5 months when we took Mommy & Me swimming. We also got a cute pink one-piece with white hearts at Target and a turquoise and green one from Walmart that she'll grow into over the summer. The one she wears now I bought on Amazon.com. I think Target had the best selection. I saw some cute one-pieces at JC Penney but they cost more than I care to spend (around $20) on something she may not get to wear that much. Each of the other suits cost $10 or less.

FWIW I don't think diaper changes are a big deal with a one-piece, but we don't let L sit around in a wet suit anyway. If we are changing her diaper it's to put her in dry clothes. She has yet to #2 in a swim diaper.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"