January 2011 Moms

not eating enough?

i've eaten like a bird most of my life.  full of nibbles.  and not well-rounded nibbles either.  in the last year or so i really tried to get my nutritional facts in order and start eating like a human being, but i still worry now that i am carrying... am i eating enough?

i know i read 300 extra calories a day.  well that is the donut i just inhaled... something tells me that isn't what the doctors were referring to.  are you up'ing your veggies and meals, or just eating a little bit more?  i am FULL yet i keep thinking "hmm i really didn't eat a well-rounded dinner, maybe i should have a yogurt" or something... and then i stuff myself into a coma.

Re: not eating enough?

• I think at this point we don't really need to worry about increased calories, but I have tried to cut out some of the bad stuff I eat like white bread, sugary cereals, and soft drinks and replace them with healthy foods. I'll have a small breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, a healthy dinner and then a little something sweet (because I can't live without it). Just make sure you are taking your vitamins and eating more good stuff than bad stuff.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would just focus on *what* you are eating and not how much. Your body will let you know if you have enough calories or not.

However, if you find yourself full but you didn't eat much nutrition let it go. If you eat a really big meal you aren't doing yourself any favors. It will be a long time until you are hungry again, and then you will find yourself reaching for a donut or something high calorie again. If you eat a donut for dinner, it isn't the end of the world, and don't stuff yourself with yogurt or veggies to "make up for it". If you wait a few hours you'll probably be hungry for a snack, and just make sure it's a healthy one!

Try keeping less convenient junk like donuts around, and keep more ready to eat yogurts and veggies around, it should make things easier! Good Luck! 

DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Ask your dr to refer you to a dietitian.

If you're a 'grazer', you're probably getting all the nutrients you need, just spaced out over a longer period of time.

For me personally, meal planning helps me out a lot... I usually plan lunch, a snack and dinner for every meal in a week.  It seems crazy and super type A, but it's super easy (it takes me about an episode of The Office to complete; longer if it's an awesome episode) and then I know I'm getting all the 'stuff' I'm supposed to get in a week, as well as saving money, because I don't totally haaaave to haaave a ton of produce that then rots in the fridge because I forget about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've always eaten pretty healthy, keeping in mind the different parts of the food guide as I go on with my day. I would plan your meals ahead of time so that they're well rounded and you fit in all that you need to and keep healthy snacks on hand at work and home to nosh on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"