Eco-Friendly Family
Options

New here - need help!

Hi ladies,

I usually post on other boards but need some help. We have all hard woods/linoleum floors and 2 dogs. I have a vacuum to get all the dog hair and dirt but with a baby about to crawl, I'm worried about all the nastiness that's probably on our floor. (People seem to think it's okay to walk all over our house with their shoes on because we have hard wood?) anyway I used to have a Shark steam mop but truthfully I thought it sucked and it died shortly after getting it. I want to clean our floors with something organic or natural but also something that is easy for me to do since I will be doing it often. Swiffers seem soo easy but the idea of all those chemicals near my baby freak me out. Any other products/ideas you could give me? 

TIA 

Re: New here - need help!

• Options
    We use vinegar/water in a spray bottle and a microfiber mop.  We have five dogs & it works wonderfully.  Super clean, no streaks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

For a really good clean, I like to use Murphy's Oil which is relatively EF I believe.  I think Dobie's vinegar spray with MF towel would be great for an everyday clean too.  Vinegar also has antibacterial properties.

I tried to use vinegar water to mop hardfloors but I didn't think it did well on the wood...just my opinion.

I use Shaklee Basic G for all my general cleaning, and this is currently what I use to mop up with.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use vinegar and water mixed 50/50 with a microfiber mop. You could always use 7th generation cleaners.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"