Nurseries and Baby Gear

BRU furniture

We went to BRU this afternoon to take a peak at the nursery furniture. We were not impressed at all! My BF is a carpenter and the quality of the dressers and some of the cribs he said were cheaply made. I am looking to have all wood, not plywood or particle board for the dressers. I looked online at Target and that's really all you can do, the stores only have about 2 or 3 cribs on the floor and they aren't the full sized crib.

Where is everyone getting their nursery furniture from?

Re: BRU furniture

• If you want good quality furniture, I suggest you hit up a local baby furniture store.  They tend to have better quality.

These are good brands:

Ragazzi

Pali

Mother Hubbards cupboard

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Ms.MKBTMs.MKBT member
    We are getting a Bonavita crib online and getting the dressers from ikea.  
    Married 10.27.07
    DD 11.20.10
    BFP #2 8.25.12 M/C 9.3.12
    BFP #3 10.25.13 EDD 7.8.14

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Depends on price range. Munire is a good brand, but kind of pricey.  Also, some people order there furniture and it is delayed a long time sometimes.  Looks like you have time to order and get things before baby is born.  GL with your decision.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you are looking for high quality, then you are going to need to go to a high end store...the solid stuff runs in the $500- $2000 price range. Thus far, I have not seen high quality for low prices. You get what you pay for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • DochasDochas member
    We got the Delta Venentian crib and changing table from there, but I agree that all of the dressers were crap.  We bought an unfinished, solid wood dresser and will stain it to match.
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all of your input. We're looking to spend between $800 - $1500 on the furniture. I actually found a local store that sells all wood dressers, tables, chairs, etc. We are going to check that out. If we're not satisifed we're going to our local furniture store in hopes of them having cribs and dressers!!

• imagechristen115:

We're looking to spend between $800 - $1500 on the furniture.

Wow, let us know if you are able to find everything for that price!  Most of the "real" furniture I looked at was priced about $600-$1500 per piece, which sent us back to BRU to buy their stuff.  Even with several discounts, we bought 2 cribs, a dresser, changing table and glider with ottoman from Carter's for about $1000.  I would think that you would need to use secondhand furniture to hit your financial target, but I wish you much success in your hunt!

TTC Since 2007 M/C survivor twice in 2008 IVF twice at CCRM in 2009 TWIN BOYS born in July 2010 IVF again in 2011 BABY GIRL due August 2012
  • imageanna2006:
    imagechristen115:

We're looking to spend between $800 - $1500 on the furniture.

Wow, let us know if you are able to find everything for that price!  Most of the "real" furniture I looked at was priced about $600-$1500 per piece, which sent us back to BRU to buy their stuff.  Even with several discounts, we bought 2 cribs, a dresser, changing table and glider with ottoman from Carter's for about $1000.  I would think that you would need to use secondhand furniture to hit your financial target, but I wish you much success in your hunt!

We only need a crib and dresser. I am not using a changing table as I only really used it for a few months with my 1st born. I am going to put a changing pad on top of that for the time being. I have a recliner that rocks in my living room and never using my glider/ottoman with my 1st. I had called and the cribs are about $400-$600 and the dressers range from $400-$1000.

• try restoration hardware online for baby.. they have alot of great piece there. and good quality.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"