Georgia Babies

Allergy friendly sunscreen?

Poor Gavin.  First he busts up his face at Six Flags, now I think he's had an allergic reaction to the spray Water Babies sunscreen we used yesterday.  He's all broken out in this crazy rash around his neck and ears.  Everything else seems to be fine, but I think that's b/c he was wearing SPF shirt and shorts and his arms and legs got washed off in the pool.  Anyway, I guess I need to invest in some hypoallergenic sunscreen for Hawaii.  I think we used Aveeno last year and it was fine, but a little hard to rub in, if I remember correctly.  He loves the spray stuff, so if we could find that, it would be great.  TIA!

Re: Allergy friendly sunscreen?

• I have been doing lots of research on baby sunscreens.  Most of the sprays contain 5 main ingredients - avobenzene and 4 others that I can't remember....  These are a chemical sunscreen.  Apparently a physical sunscreen is best and shouldn't cause any reactions.  These contain zinc oxide (diaper rash cream) and titanium Dioxide.  The only ones I've found that contain just that is Neutrogena Pure and Free, California Baby and Blue Lizard.  Unfortunately these aren't spray sunscreens.  

Sorry that isn't really helpful as far as finding a spray sunscreen.  I am curious to hear if anyone else has found a spray that isn't chemical. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use the Neutorgena Pure and Free. It is suppose to be one of the better ones.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"