Secondary IF

IVF moms

Did you do aspirin therapy at all when you started your inj?  My RE said it could help, but since I am allergic to Advil/ibuprofen (broke out in hives), I am kinda scared to take it since it has Nsaids in it.  I only took an Advil once, so I'm not sure if it is the ibuprofen or the nsaids that I am allergic too.  I was thinking about taking half of one and if I break out, take a Benedryl.

If you took it, do you think it helped?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
TTC #2 since Nov '07
Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
Both tubes removed Nov '09
Low AMH = 0.3
IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12

Re: IVF moms

• My RE has all his patients on 1 baby aspirin a day. 

did you already start stims?  I'd be tempted to try it beforehand. Otherwise, I'd see what the RE says. Not sure about taking benadryl during IVF.

There are other blood thinners you can take, but I think they're all injections.

• hope4ushope4us member
    imageschoolsoutbride:

My RE has all his patients on 1 baby aspirin a day. 

did you already start stims?  I'd be tempted to try it beforehand. Otherwise, I'd see what the RE says. Not sure about taking benadryl during IVF.

There are other blood thinners you can take, but I think they're all injections.

Well I just took one to see what happens and so far nothing.  I read that aspirin and Aleve both have Nsaids in them and I've taken Aleve before with no problem, so I figured what the heck.

I start Micro-Lupron on 6/3 and Gonal/Menopur on 6/5.

BTW...I just read your blog...it's great.  I am so not looking forward to the progesterone oil shots.  I too have given myself shots while on the road in the car...fun huh!

TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never taken it.....but it did work twice!!!

Have you talked to your RE about your concerns??? 

• Glad you didn't have a reaction, and thanks for reading the blog! The PIO are so scary to look at but really not so bad, imo. (well, they weren't for me!)
  • imageschoolsoutbride:
    Glad you didn't have a reaction, and thanks for reading the blog! The PIO are so scary to look at but really not so bad, imo. (well, they weren't for me!)

My Dh wont give me inj in my tummy, but I am hoping he will at least give me that one.  Maybe he will if I say I can't reach.  I just watched a lady give herself one on youtube...it hurts watching the video.  I gonna look like a druggie with all my bruises.

I just saw that your FET is on 6/22.  If everything goes great, that should be the same day for my D5et.  Crossing my fingers for you!  GL!

TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Low AMH = 0.3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"