Parenting
Options

medical billing & coding...

is there much of a demand for medical billing & coding jobs?  Are you able to work from home? what are the pros/cons of this job?  I am thinking of going back to school for this and am hoping that i could work from my home.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
My Ovulation Chart
early m/c 09/05, early m/c 02/08,and missed m/c 04/12 at 16 weeks **I was Diagnosed with Factor V Leiden & Heterozygous Mthfr 02/08 I was put on Lovenox while pregnant with my daughter and will also be for my next pregnancy

Re: medical billing & coding...

• Options
    My understanding is, no there is not a lot of demand for the wah jobs. I haven't investigated it much so could be wrong.
  • Options

Coding yes I have seen many in my town billing no.  Most places want you to work in the office.  Its rare to come by one that is a at home job.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Most people I know that work from home are doing something for the company that they worked for prior to having kids.

They either send their kids to day care, or have someone in their home to help. So if you are looking to cut a child care bill by working at home, it's not really all that feasible.

Legit work from home jobs are few and far between, and aren't any less work than an office job.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    If I were you, I'd go into something else.  Medical billing is somewhat of a dying breed.  I used to do medical billing.  I would code and bill out the claims and I also posted all the checks that came in.  BCBS and medicare (the two major one shere in MI) auto post so no longer do you have to do that (just check that they are right).  As for coding and billing...most every office will have that done electronically.  The office I last worked at (not as a biller) everything was coded as soon as the notes were scanned via computer.  There was one person who worked at home and she basically sent the claims and dealt with patient payments.  The biller that was there in the office mostly worked rejections.  Many physicians don't like their info to be able to be accessed at someone's home so they wouldn't go for it.  Once everyone (or most everyone) gets electronic posting and billing/coding there will be people who have done it for years out looking for those jobs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"