December 2010 Moms

Nausea fading and I'm freaking out.

I've been experiencing nausea since the beginning of week 6.  I've only thrown up once though.  The nausea has been pretty much all day everyday and only subsides during or right after eating.  I'm freaking out because I'm 9 weeks 3 days and for the past 2 days I've had almost no nausea.  I don't know if this is due to my panic, but now I'm thinking that my breasts aren't as sore (even though they've grown a ton), I'm not as tired, and I'm not as hormonal.  I'm one of those people who has experienced a pregnancy loss and so I'm paranoid about everything.  My doppler appt. isn't for another 9 days.  At 6 weeks we saw the baby's heartbeat via ultrasound at 111 bpm.  My doc felt the need to say that it was "on the low side of normal."  I woke up stressing out so much and I'm having serious anxiety right now.  Has anyone experienced symptom decrease around 9 weeks and everything has been okay at your next appt.?  I'm praying that this is normal - but as far as I know, if you have nausea, it generally subsides closer to 10 or 11 weeks.  Please share your experiences.   
tied the knot 06/07. m/c 12/09. KLC born 12/24/12. #2 edd 02/03/13! Anniversary

Re: Nausea fading and I'm freaking out.

• I haven't really felt PG this whole time. I had slight nausea for a couple days early on but have never thrown up. My only real symptom would be tender breasts, which comes and goes, and being tired. At first I was a little freaked out because it seemed like everyone else was experiencing way different things then I was. But you have to remember that everyone is different and our bodies all react differently to being PG.

I did read that hormones peak and level off around week 9 so that's when things like m/s start to fade. I know it's hard, but try to relax and have faith that everything is fine.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It's totally normal for nausea to fade ~9 weeks. :) 

(as for the heartbeat, mine was 92bpm at my 6 week appointment, then my next appointment there was a very strong heartbeat. I was told that about 6 weeks is when it starts beating so that's why it was slow)

I also had a m/c before so I know it's (IMPOSSIBLE!!) not to worry, I still freak over every little thing. Try to remember that what you are experiencing (decreasing symptoms, etc) are normal for where you are :) 

• Loading the player...
  • That's normal, don't freak out.

My midwife even told me when I first met her (at 6? weeks) that I should expect to feel pretty sick soon but if it all of a sudden goes away, thats normal too. 

• Mine started fading at 9 weeks, again at 10, and ever since I hit 11 I feel almost back to normal. I had an u/s at 11 weeks, 1 day due to spotting (feeling better AND spotting-hello panic!) and the baby was still looking great. Don't freak out yet! I hope the next 9 days whiz by for you ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ivee4Ivee4 member
    My food aversions started going away at 9 weeks. I would still get the occasional MS but it diminished big time starting around 9 weeks. Now I feel great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Today is really the first day I have started feeling better. I didn't have to take my Zofran because I never got to the point where I felt like I was going to be sick. I have also noticed my energy level is going up slowly the last week.

I wouldn't get too freaked out. I haven't gotten my ultrasound yet but I have read a lot of women who start feeling better around 9 weeks. 

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • I was just coming in here to post basically the same thing -- my nausea is fading at ~10 weeks, which I thought was really early.  Needless to say, these answers are really reassuring!  If I'm not worrying about one thing, it's the other...
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started feeling really normal on Friday and felt pretty great until yesterday. Now I've felt like crap all day. Try not to worry. (I know, I do it, too!) Symptoms come and go, for no clear reasons.

Hang in there! I've been there and they've never even done a doppler on me (and won't for another two weeks.) So I have no reassurance whatsoever! Sometimes you just have to have faith that everything's ok.

• I think i posted almost exactly the same thing when i was at 9 weeks.  the nausea and exhaustion subsided for about 3or 4 days, but came back for week 10.  Once i hit 11 wks, it all started disappearing again.  i have my NT scan this wednesday and am not worried about the lack of nausea.  Hang in there and do as everyone else told me...enjoy the mini nausea break!
  • Nausea is NOT a sign of pregnancy.

Neither is a lack thereof.

It doesn't sound like you have any solid reasons to worry. Anxiety is not good for you or the baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine went away at the end of my 9th week and hasn't come back.  I think it's normal!
  • Mine faded for a few days around week 9 and then back with a vengeance and now the last couple days I've felt almost normal (except whenever I think about brocolli!) It makes me paranoid too, but everything I've read says that symptoms come and go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Why do they have to make it smell so good if you can't eat it?? BabyFruit Ticker
  • from about 6 weeks to 10 weeks I felt sick every single day, some times all day. After that it comes maybe 2-3x a week.

I wouldn't say the hb was on the low side. At 6 weeks for me my baby's hb was 108 and accodring to the american pregnancy associate a normal hb for 6 weeks is b/t 90-110.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was on phenergan from 6-8+ weeks only- started feeling better at 9. Now I'm not on anything at all and feel almost totally normal. I only had M/S from 6-10 weeks last time, too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mine started getting much better at around that time too. Now it's almost gone. I'm paranoid too. I have an appointment this morning, so I'll let you know how it goes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kat81kat81 member

mine started to get better (slowly...still not great now) in the 9th week (I mean 9 weeks, x days, just like you).

We also saw the hb at 6 weeks and they didn't calculate the speed, but I know it was slower than 120 based on my own measurement of looking at it. I think it was slower than yours. 

Here's the happy update (I can't say happy ending, because we don't have a child yet)--we had another appointment at 10 weeks and the embryo was a lot bigger, was swimming around happily, and the hb was faster. I think it starts off slow as it's forming, which is at 6 weeks. FYI so you aren't freaked at your appointment -- they tried the doppler first and couldn't hear anything. But the u/s said everything was ok. Good luck!

• I will be 12 weeks on Thursday and my nausea has gotten increasingly better since the beginning of week 8.  My first appt with the doc was at 8 weeks 4 days so I told her it was beginning to get better and she said that sounds about normal and you are lucky.  I still have occasional bouts of it though.  Every 2-3 days I'll have periods where I feel queasy and I actually threw up for the first time today in about a week!  So I wouldn't worry; the more you worry now the more anxious you will be when your appt comes.
  • imagetiffanyp:
    Mine started getting much better at around that time too. Now it's almost gone. I'm paranoid too. I have an appointment this morning, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Well, I'm back from my appointment. I had nothing to worry about. The LO is developing perfectly and everything is fine. My OB said that the worst of the morning sickness should be over now. Hopefully everything goes well for you too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"