Working Moms
Options

If you LO goes to daycare early (6:30 am or so) -

I have a two-part question, one for older kids, one for babies.  :)

For older kids - What time does your LO get up in the morning?  Do you feed them breakfast (or something) before taking them?  D currently goes to daycare 2 days a week but starts full time next week.  Right now with pt, he tends to eat a waffle or some toast at home, a banana when he gets to daycare (around 6:40), and then breakfast there at 8:30.  Now that he's going full time, I'm not sure if I need to keep up the same schedule.  Probably, huh?  I guess I wouldn't want to wait to eat that long...

For babies - Do you give a bottle before going, or just go with your baby's schedule?  Or did you try to tailor your LO's bottle schedule so they get a bottle before dc?  Wes right now wakes around 5:45 am, but he has a weird morning schedule, because when he wakes, he's not hungry (he has a 4-4:30 bottle).  Sometimes he takes a little bottle at 6:15, and sometimes he doesn't take a bottle until after 7 (no joke).  Would you change up his schedule so he gets a bottle before daycare?

Anyway, just wondering what your LO's morning schedule looks like if they go to daycare early.

Re: If you LO goes to daycare early (6:30 am or so) -

• Options
    CMDR513CMDR513 member
    I'm up around 5:30. I get DS up by 6 and dressed. He will drink a bottle on the way to ILs house. He eats a banana with FIL and then is off to Daycare.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

DS eats a nutrigrain bar usually when he gets up (around 645) and then is at daycare by 730) and has breakfast there by 8 30.

When he was a little baby, he would nurse when he woke up and then DH took him to school, and he had his first bottle there around 9.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When DD was in the infant room, she would have her first bottle there 3 hours after waking up (830-9ish). She would be up ~6am and have a bottle upon waking and then every 3 hours after that. The infant room has very flexible schedule that works around all the babies.

Now that she is in the 1 year old room, they have a fixed schedule with 2 breakfast sittings. There is one for the early arrivers at ~7 and another around 8/830. The early breakfast kids will be offered a snack at the second breakfast or bottles. Right now, DD still drinks a bottle of milk upon waking and then usually has breakfast at the later time.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options
    My 3 1/2 year old goes to daycare at 7am.  They provide meals at our daycare.  In the morning they do breakfast at 7:30am and a morning snack at 9:30am.  I get my little one up around 6:30am and just get him up, dressed, brush teeth and we are out the door.  He eats breakfast at school.  If he's really hungry, I give him a nutrigrain bar or granola bar to munch on in the car on the way. 
  • Options
    We use an in home daycare, but I drop off between 6:30-6:40.  When DS was an infant I nursed before he went.  Now that he eats actual food, he has breakfast at daycare.  I don't even get him out of bed until I'm ready, so he's up, dressed & pretty much straight out the door.  He has breakfast (either something I send, or something from our DCP) right after arriving, then they have a snack around 10.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

• Options

DD goes to daycare around 7; she's up around 6:15-6:30.  She normally has a sippy of milk and a cereal bar when she wakes up/in the car and then she has her regular breakfast @ daycare - waffle or toast, yogurt and 1/2 banana @ 9 w/ teh rest of the crew there. 

I wouldn't feed your LO 2x before breakfast.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I get my girls up at 6:15 and we are in the car around 6:50.  They each get a Nutra Grain bar or dry cereal to eat in the car or right when they get to school (at 7) and breakfast is served at 8/8:30.  If htey are really hungry, daycare always has crackers around for the kids to munch on.  When my kids were infants, I got them onto a schedule of giving them a bottle/nursing before we left the house.  I would wake them at 6 and nurse/bottle feed and then they would be on the same basic schedule the rest of the day and it was pretty much the same everyday.  When we added solids, they always had their breakfast solids at daycare.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"