Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

This isn't normal, right? (bleeding & tmi?)

I know that no one is probably around today, but I'm going to try for an answer anyway :)

I miscarried late April 19. I bled heavily for a day, then it got lighter and lighter for about 8 days.  It turned to what I call spotting for 9 days, then I had an entire day with no bleeding at all.

Here's the part I'm not sure about... the day after no bleeding, I started spotting again.  I spotted for 10 days, then went one day without, only to start again.

I don't think this is normal, but I've never been through a miscarriage so I don't know.  

I asked the nurse about it on May 20 and May 27.  She insists it's normal and part of the natural miscarriage process.  She said to put myself back on pelvic rest on the days I'm bleeding, meaning no sex or tampons (ok, I knew this already). 

This is 6 weeks today of bleeding off and on.  I don't have cramping or a fever; I just want to feel like a normal person again, and the constant spotting doesn't make me feel normal.

So, after this book of a post, do you think this is normal?  Or, should I call and insist that I talk to my actual midwife instead of her nurse? I can't really do anything until tomorrow, but I thought I'd get some advice today. 

Thank you!

ETA:  I have been doing blood draws.  My first blood draw was at 9000+.  Two weeks later I was at 125.  Last week I was at 4, so the nurse said I'm considered "negative" on my beta.

Re: This isn't normal, right? (bleeding & tmi?)

• Always insist on getting the medical attention you think you need. You know your body - you're living in it. That being said, I saw the link to this website somewhere on these boards and it goes through what a cycle might look like. https://www.pregnancyloss.info/waitingforaf.htm There's a lot of variations on "normal" here. Get straight answers from the midwife. Good luck!!
  • Mine was only 2 weeks ago so I can't say what it'll do for the next month or so. Just remember that you're body is going through something it has never gone through before. Everyone's body is different, and will react differently. It will do strange things, but if it will make you feel better, ask the midwife if you can come in and talk. Sometimes peace of mind is better than wondering. Hope you feel better soon :)

• Loading the player...
  • After my d&c, I had dark brown spotting for a few days followed by a mucousy tan spotting that pretty much continued up until I got AF (a little over 5 weeks later)  I had AF with menstrual blood for about 3 days, then the spotting picked up again.  Yesterday was the first day that I went pantyliner free since the d&c (7 weeks later).

I called the np and she assured me it was normal, although I don't feel like it was completely normal, either. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Although I didn't have a m/c, my body has been going through the same thing as you. I bled heavily for about 3 weeks, and the the past 2 weeks I've been going between spotting and/or nothing. I've had 3-4 days of nothing, then cramping and I'd bleed for a day, spot for a day. Then nothing again. Its super annoying. I'd love to know what is going on with my body. I still have about 2 weeks til I see my doc.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Thank you all SO much for your replies!  While there's a part of me that wonders if this is normal, the other part of me feels confident that the nurse wouldn't steer me wrong.  I think I just let Dr. Google get the best of me sometimes and then the worrywart in me comes out.  :) 

I'm going to call and ask to speak with my midwife tomorrow, just for some extra reassurance. 

• Ooh, Dr. Google will tell you it's a brain tumor when it's a broken toe sometimes! Wink (Not to make light of either situation, but you know what I mean.)

I wanted to add that a close friend of mine asked me one time what she should do, she had a period for close to 6 weeks! She wasn't pregnant, M/C or anything. Went to her doctor and nothing was wrong. It was probably just stress. (Which she was under a great amount of at work.) While this is not the same as your situation, it just shows our bodies act oddly sometimes.

• imageawesome-sauce:

Ooh, Dr. Google will tell you it's a brain tumor when it's a broken toe sometimes! Wink (Not to make light of either situation, but you know what I mean.)

I wanted to add that a close friend of mine asked me one time what she should do, she had a period for close to 6 weeks! She wasn't pregnant, M/C or anything. Went to her doctor and nothing was wrong. It was probably just stress. (Which she was under a great amount of at work.) While this is not the same as your situation, it just shows our bodies act oddly sometimes.

I've found that sometimes it's best to just not look anything up on Google :)  I'm in an interesting situation anyway b/c I'm still nursing my son, so I know that throws a kink in everything that's happening.  I'll just have to keep away from Dr. Google, at least until I can verify his credentials ;)

• For me it will be almost 5 weeks since spotting started and natural m/c.  I think it's done for a few hours, but then more pink or red when I wipe and then some tissue still.  Still wearing a panty liner daily.  Very frustrating.  I went back to the Dr. on Friday and now have another u/s on Wed.  Though it is slowing down, I am worried that it could last a lot longer at this rate, so I would prefer know if not everything has passed sooner rather than later. 

I hope your body figures out what it's doing soon! 

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"