D.C. Area Babies
Options

Recommend your car seat

We have a small car so I'm curious if anyone has a convertible seat that works well in their smaller car. We have a bit of time before DD outgrows the rear facing infant seat, but not too much longer I fear.  Thanks!

Re: Recommend your car seat

• Options
    LMH1209LMH1209 member

We have a Britax Diplomat, and it fits rear-facing in our Chevy Cavalier.  The Roundabout is the Britax's other "compact convertible."  The difference between the two seats is the type of side impact protection.  We went with the "True Side Impact Protection" in the Diplomat. 

https://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We'd been using the Alpha Omega Elite, which I've really loved for both our kids - and we could buy 3 seats for the price of one Britax. The only drawback is that it only works with the 5pt harness for up to 40 lbs. And now they are recommending keeping kids in a harness longer than that..

So, I just bought the graco nautilus for my DD - She just turned 3 and is about to hit that 40lb weight mark so the Alpha Omega would just be a booster, and I'm not quite comfortable with that just yet. But, my DD IS on the chunky side, so I think she's hitting that limit earlier than most kids..

So, my recommendation is to go ahead and spend the money now on a seat that will go to 50-60+ lbs with a harness. That way you are covered for longer.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we just bought an evenflo symphany, have not actually used it yet, but after much research that is what we decided on.  
  • Options
    We have the Britax Roundabout 50, which is the same price as the regular Roundabout, but with a 50lb. limit.  We have a Mercury Mariner (same as Ford Escape) so it is a small SUV and it fits well.  My friend has the Maxi Cosi Priori, which I think is not as bulky as some other seats.  I would go to BBB or Great Beginnings b/c they have a large selection that you can look at out of the box.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"