Pre-School and Daycare

Car seat questions Graco Nautilus

Hi,

I haven't posted on this boar yet, but have a questions.  I have the graco Nautilus for DD.  I have been trying to move the crotch strap from the closest position to her to the further one, but I can not get the thing out.  I worked on it for an hour yesterday, and my DH can't get it out.  Are there any suggestions of what I am doing wrong?  I posted this on other boards also.

Re: Car seat questions Graco Nautilus

• #6#6 member

We have 3 of these car seats and LOVE them except that in 1 of the 3 that strap is extremely hard to get out.  Not sure why the other 2 are easier.  

I sat and wriggled it and twisted it and turned it and pulled it for about 45 mins and finally got it out.  Its not very easy to get back in either.  :(  

No advice other than just keep trying.  It does come out.  Make sure the strap ends (at the end where the metal part is) are all flat when you try to pull it through.     

Good luck...I know how aggravating it is. 

• Hmm....I am not sure I understand. You pull the crotch strap out of the hole closest to your child and just put it into the one furthest from them.

You don't actually take the strap apart to do it. 

ETA: Here is a link to car-seat.org regarding the crotch strap for the Graco Nautilus. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • #6#6 member

You have to take the buckle part (of the crotch strap) out and the strap to it is hard to get out of the slot with the metal thing at the end.  On 2 of mine it slides right out.  On one of them I have to fight and pull all of my weight against it.  

"You pull the crotch strap out of the hole closest to your child and just put it into the one furthest from them."

Isnt always as easy done as it is said.  I think she is pretty clear on what to do....just cant get it to come out.   

• I posted this post on the 24+ month board also, but I have another question....the clip that holds the strap, is it supposed to be on the outside/bottom of the seat?  Or is it supposed to be between the two plastic layers (that is the best way I can describe it).   Because when we bought ours, the crotch strap was already at the lower postion (closer to the back of the seat) and we didn't need to deal with it.  So, the metal clip is between the two plastic pieces, not on the outside, where it would be easier to just pull, turn and pull it through the slot. 

IF it is supposed to be on the outside that is where the issue is, I think. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"